Can dreams affect you? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
OMG YES! and your trying to see things properly but you can't because everythings well blurred...anddd your trying to scream but you can't because your voice isn't coming out properly! i totally have that all the time!
I've been there as well. It can be really scary.
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I had a dream last night that I was shot in my head.
Woke up with a headache on the same side, then just went back to sleep again.
I don't really think there is that much of a connection between those two though as I regulary get headaches and it was likely that I would have one today.
Fire Point
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Has anyone had the dream (probably not) where you are standing in a shallow pool with many other people. When you hold you sink and when you don't you stay statonary and then you hold your nose and you drown and wake up with a big jump?

It's a dream I hated. I also had one where Godzilla terrorised our town adn everyone got into the corn exchange (town hall place ) but I didn't make it and they said there was no more room and as he came down to eat me I woke up. Nightmares, thankgod I've not had any for many years.
Anna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
I've been there as well. It can be really scary.
yeah it is! do you guys remember bloodymary? i used to have so many nightmares about her...i dreamt that my mum was bloodymary! it was so freaky...omg...bad memories
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
anyone ever had this:

you are walking around in a spooky place and its dead quiet then someone jumps out at you and you wake up and jump out of your skin?
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
How about this one,
You dream you are walkin on a pavement or somethin and in the dream you fall off and you jump in your bed and it wakes you up? It gives you a right shock, but i must admit, it's quite fun. Not done it in a while though.
:aetsch:
That's one of the best and weirdest feelings ever. It happens to me about 3 times a week, and I love it. Freaky .
MrsSnufkin
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I once had a dream that I did my homework (sad, I know) and when I had to hand it in I had to explain that I thought that I had done it.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Daibhidh)
Has anyone had the dream (probably not) where you are standing in a shallow pool with many other people. When you hold you sink and when you don't you stay statonary and then you hold your nose and you drown and wake up with a big jump?

It's a dream I hated. I also had one where Godzilla terrorised our town adn everyone got into the corn exchange (town hall place ) but I didn't make it and they said there was no more room and as he came down to eat me I woke up. Nightmares, thankgod I've not had any for many years.
when u wake up wid a big jump it is a horrible feeling. I always feel unsafe when i first jump up but i soon go back asleep.
Fire Point
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think we are all very tormented souls!
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I sometimes wake up and it feels like I have been electrocuted, which is really annoying.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Dont you hate it when you dream somethin and the next day you thought it really happens and you start talkin about it and it didnt really happen. its kinda embarassin but funny
Anna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
usually whenever i have a dream and then wake up, i can remember it, but if i try and remember it about 2minz after, it never happens..i don;t understand why but its really annoying. its like 'i just had this really weird dream but i can't remember what it was about' and u sit there thinking and thinking but it just doesnt come...
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
any1 dreamt about something which has happened the next day? i cant remember this happening to me but then i very rarely remember my dreams
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
anyone ever had this:

you are walking around in a spooky place and its dead quiet then someone jumps out at you and you wake up and jump out of your skin?
OH MY GOD, that has happened to be so many times. The first being when I first saw The Exorcist. I couldn't sleep for three weeks.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin)
I sometimes wake up and it feels like I have been electrocuted, which is really annoying.
good.
Fire Point
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've never had the problem distinguishing between dreams and reality. AM I in a dream right now. I wish alot of dreams were true. If I do like a dream I start making my dream come true. I always do it, some preacher told me once and disney also so I have. SO YES, DREAMS AFFECT YOU.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dont think dreams affect you that much. I mean theyre fun at the time, cos if you never get to experience somethin at least you can in your dream. :confused:
In my opinion, dreams are just all your thoughts mixed together which is why they dont make any sense what so ever half the time.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok, this may seem like a stupid question and i have put no research into this but i have asked a couple of people about this and the answers i got were very different.

If you dream about getting stabbed or injured etc* does your brain assume that it is really happening and cause your body to get pains? i haven't explained it well so i will give an example.

If you have a dream that you got stabbed would your body really assume you have been stabbed and would u feel a stabbing pain in the area you have been stabbed?

I once had a dream were i got ran over by a car and it seemed that realistic that i woke up and my body was stiff and there were scratches on me from when i must of been trying to aviod the car in my dream.

So, what have you experienced in your dream that have affected you when you have woken up?
I once dreamt that I'd lost an earring and was trying to find it, and I woke up and it was digging into my back... and I often dream that I'm falling, wake up and find myself up against the wall! But that's about it... the only other way in which my dreams can affect me is to remind me to do things, like last night I dreamt that I was learning how to use my new digital camera, which I've had for ages but never learnt how to use, so today I did that and I can use it now, it's really cool
The Chameleon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok, this may seem like a stupid question and i have put no research into this but i have asked a couple of people about this and the answers i got were very different.

If you dream about getting stabbed or injured etc* does your brain assume that it is really happening and cause your body to get pains? i haven't explained it well so i will give an example.

If you have a dream that you got stabbed would your body really assume you have been stabbed and would u feel a stabbing pain in the area you have been stabbed?

I once had a dream were i got ran over by a car and it seemed that realistic that i woke up and my body was stiff and there were scratches on me from when i must of been trying to aviod the car in my dream.

So, what have you experienced in your dream that have affected you when you have woken up?
You might be right, but it would never get to the point where you would die, because a huge rush of adrenaline always wakes you up. I sometimes wake up with cuts on my lip but my bed is very close to a wall!
Fire Point
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I once dreamed about someone dying falling down the middle of some flights of stairs. The next day a painter nearby fell down the centre of some stairs and snapped his neck!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (179)
80.27%
Leave (44)
19.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed