Jan Grafton
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am thinking about entering Northumbria Uni for the engineering foundation course to progress onto doing a civil engineering degree. I called up twice about this and both people working at the Uni gave me different responses. The first said this was good, the second said it was not the correct path as the engineering foundation is good for civils. Does anyone know who is correct if they have sat the foundation year? Also what is the quality of the engineering foundation year?
Northumbria University UG Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Jan Grafton)
I am thinking about entering Northumbria Uni for the engineering foundation course to progress onto doing a civil engineering degree. I called up twice about this and both people working at the Uni gave me different responses. The first said this was good, the second said it was not the correct path as the engineering foundation is good for civils. Does anyone know who is correct if they have sat the foundation year? Also what is the quality of the engineering foundation year?
Hi Jan Grafton,

Sorry about the confusion in the messages you have been given. I have looked into this for you, and you would be able to progress onto the Civil Engineering Foundation year, but it is not an automatic progression and this may have been why there was some confusion.

The terms are:
'Students may also, with the agreement from the Faculty, be able to progress on to BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering, depending upon a minimum pass rate being successfully gained in the mathematical modules'.

I hope this helps. In terms of the quality of the foundation year, if you haven't got the grades to go on to the degree then they are a great way to get this additional academic back up and helps build an understanding of this area to better prepare you for your degree.

Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads