The Student Room Group

Remote Learning

I have applied for Student Finance and I am supposed to start uni in September but I was recently diagnosed with a rare disease, the treatment is pretty harsh and it's putting me at risk of getting COVID so I have asked my uni to allow me to study from home on Term 1 (that's an option they're giving us anyway because of COVID). The lectures were mostly going to be online anyway, do I have to tell Student Finance EU about the situation? If so, how?
Original post by whatitdobabyeee
I have applied for Student Finance and I am supposed to start uni in September but I was recently diagnosed with a rare disease, the treatment is pretty harsh and it's putting me at risk of getting COVID so I have asked my uni to allow me to study from home on Term 1 (that's an option they're giving us anyway because of COVID). The lectures were mostly going to be online anyway, do I have to tell Student Finance EU about the situation? If so, how?

Hi, will you be still residing in the UK?
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, will you be still residing in the UK?
Thanks, Isaac

Hello,
I am from France so I will be studying online from here but my accommodation place is reserved on campus for Terms 2 and 3.
Original post by whatitdobabyeee
Hello,
I am from France so I will be studying online from here but my accommodation place is reserved on campus for Terms 2 and 3.

Students starting a course in September 2020 can still be deemed eligible for student finance if COVID-19 prevents them from being in the UK at the start of the academic year.

We do expect you to travel to the UK as soon as it's safe to do so.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending