JamesBirky15
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm thinking of doing a flying start degree apprenticeship with PWC in technology based at Leeds/Birmingham.

You have to pass a set of assessments to be able to do the apprenticeship, if you don't pass these you do the normal degree.

However, I don't want to go to Leeds or Birmingham just for a normal degree because I wouldn't earn the apprentice wage and I'd be under huge financial pressure, I'd much rather go to Manchester/Lancaster because they're easier for me to get to and I don't have to worry about finances

If I set a uni as my first choice and get an offer, do I have to go there?
JPWheeler
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Firstly if you do put it you can turn it down if you get it but also speaking as someone who went through this over this prior year, you only confirm your choices after passing of failing all of PwC's tests. This means you know which course your applying for when you put it down on UCAS (the standard course or the apprenticeship).However, I would recommend going for it as the flying start course is a great option.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (180)
14.5%
I'm not sure (57)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (36)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (601)
48.43%

Watched Threads