Watch
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
https://www.change.org/p/boris-johns...te&utm_term=cs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/fairgrades2020

This kid is basically suing the government and taking them to court over the a-level and gcse results disaster. We all know that appeals are free now, and mock appeals will be a thing. But the government and ofqual keep changing their minds and changing criteria. Even if they suddenly back tracked and gave everybody what they wanted (which we’re not asking for so anyone who comes out with “they can’t just give everyone A*’s stop whining, dont. That’s not what we’re asking for), I would still want to take them to court and have a legal review because this has caused too much damage already.

I’ve donated £30 which isn’t much but hey I’m not rich. Some people have given over £1,000 to this. It was launched one day ago and we already beat the £15,000 goal, aiming for £25,000 now. The more we raise the more likely we are to be better protected.

Our government has under estimated this generation. We don’t just sit back when injustice and in fairness happens. We don’t just sit back and go “oh, this doesn’t affect me so I don’t care.” We do care. This kid got all his teacher given grades but he’s still frontlining this campaign.

If you can’t donate it’s fine, don’t worry. This is hard times financially for many people. But if you can great, spread the word and let’s see how many more donations and signatures we can get. We don’t know what the outcome will be, we don’t know what will happen. But at least we can try and take their asses to court.
Advertisement
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous17!)
https://www.change.org/p/boris-johns...te&utm_term=cs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/fairgrades2020

This kid is basically suing the government and taking them to court over the a-level and gcse results disaster. We all know that appeals are free now, and mock appeals will be a thing. But the government and ofqual keep changing their minds and changing criteria. Even if they suddenly back tracked and gave everybody what they wanted (which we’re not asking for so anyone who comes out with “they can’t just give everyone A*’s stop whining, dont. That’s not what we’re asking for), I would still want to take them to court and have a legal review because this has caused too much damage already.

I’ve donated £30 which isn’t much but hey I’m not rich. Some people have given over £1,000 to this. It was launched one day ago and we already beat the £15,000 goal, aiming for £25,000 now. The more we raise the more likely we are to be better protected.

Our government has under estimated this generation. We don’t just sit back when injustice and in fairness happens. We don’t just sit back and go “oh, this doesn’t affect me so I don’t care.” We do care. This kid got all his teacher given grades but he’s still frontlining this campaign.

If you can’t donate it’s fine, don’t worry. This is hard times financially for many people. But if you can great, spread the word and let’s see how many more donations and signatures we can get. We don’t know what the outcome will be, we don’t know what will happen. But at least we can try and take their asses to court.
Whilst I have some sympathy upon reading your thread and the petition I see it as misguided and based on a lot of misunderstanding.
What is it you actually want?
What is your suggestion of a system that will work , be consistent and fair to others from past years and future?
Do you believe this cohort was more intelligent by 40% than previous years and all future ones?
What will be the basis of your claim in suing the government?
Why use teachers predicted grades when universities know they are incredubly unreliable and exaggerated?
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Whilst I have some sympathy upon reading your thread and the petition I see it as misguided and based on a lot of misunderstanding.
What is it you actually want?
What is your suggestion of a system that will work , be consistent and fair to others from past years and future?
Do you believe this cohort was more intelligent by 40% than previous years and all future ones?
What will be the basis of your claim in suing the government?
Why use teachers predicted grades when universities know they are incredubly unreliable and exaggerated?
1. For CAG’s to be considered in groups of more than 15 students. They didn’t even look at the CAG’s for class sides bigger than 15, so for students who have gone down from A’s to C’s and even D’s in some cases that I know of, those students should be able to appeal and have their CAG considered to stop downgrading so huge.
2. Said above. Consider CAG’s for cohorts larger than 15 with evidence to be supported from mocks and as assessments. They have said they’re already doing something like this with mock appeals but they keep postponing the criteria. Hopefully this will speed them along
3. No, I don’t. This is why I don’t want for everyone to just be given CAG’s but I do want a fair and accessible appeal processes not just based on one mock but perhaps based on average overall performance of students. Including all assessments and mocks
4. The claim is essentially malpractice. I believe it’s mentioned in the summary of the petition but ofqaul has a duty to award students grades based on their individuality assessment and performance. How can an entire system that based the majority of grades on the prior performance of the school rather than the individual be in line with their legal duty?
5. Unis shouldn’t accept overinflated grades. I don’t want a u-turn like seen in Scotland, I just don’t want this mess either. They have constantly changed their minds about how grades should be given this year. They knew exams would be cancelled from March, so why have they changed their process so much? Why say you would use CAG’s and then say you would use a combination of CAG’s and prior attainment and then say you won’t even look at CAG’s for classes larger than 15 and then say you can appeal based on a mock and then retract that criteria and then who knows what’s next? Even if things do work out in the end, they still deserve to have an investigation because what they’ve done is just pure and utter incompetence. They need reviewing.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.51%
No (281)
78.49%

Watched Threads