Will countries be open for travelling next year?

Watch
CheltBoii
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
What are peoples views?
rayshow053
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I want to visit Canada (of course, when the quaranine is over). I've already got eTA through https://evisa.express/en/canada . I should say, it is great that this visa is valid for 5 years. Though I can't visit this country right now, I started planning my trip. So, I'm glad that I've found your post. Thanks for sharing this info, I'll check the suggested travel guides for sure!
Last edited by rayshow053; 3 months ago
El Salvador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Mexico has not closed at all.
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They are now. Went to Albania recently. Great idea! Cheap, friendly, great food, wine, nice sites, cultural, good beaches in Riviera, mountain towns, lots of Greek and Roman sites that are in better condition than the famous ones in Greece and Italy because they have orders of magnitude fewer visitors and are not all eroded like Il Coloseo. Unfortunately no topless beaches I could find but a small issue compared with all the plus points.
TchaTravels
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Gosh I hope so ! I am planning to go on a beach trip in cyprus soon as everything goes back to normal! I hope I live long enough haha
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They may be open but the quarantine may still be in force when you return. I would not book anywhere other than at short notice.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CheltBoii)
What are peoples views?
If it goes on in that way, a restriction is inevitable. And I will not exclude that it really comes to a lockdown for tourists.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
They may be open but the quarantine may still be in force when you return. I would not book anywhere other than at short notice.
Even a short notice makes no sense at the moment both in the native country and abroad. The virus is getting worse in these days.
augustusiii
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I remember going to Portugal to see a friend just as lockdown was starting; it was so surreal. The police over there wee roaming the streets at night with megaphones telling people to stay inside.
ashtolga23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some places are open and some aren't, but it can be quite precarious. I went to Portugal in August to see my dad, but it was touch-and-go for a while whether we'd actually be able to fly out. It was great that eventually it did go through, and honestly it felt a lot safer there than in the UK.

At the minute I'm not sure what's open, but my dad's dad went out to his place as well last month. Perhaps more will open up next year, but it's not all lost right now.
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm headed to RD soon.
nexttime
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wait here I'll just get dust off my crustal ball.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I hope so
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.16%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.16%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (72)
18.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.26%
No - I live at home during term anyway (112)
29.47%

Watched Threads