Tampons vs pads

Watch
Anonymous
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I’m 17 and I’ve been wanting to try using tampons for a while now because I’d like to use them on holiday so I can go swimming etc and even going swimming at my local pool. I brought this up to my mum last year I think and she said no because she thinks that the breaking of the hymen = losing virginity, which is obviously not true. I explained that your hymen can break from anything, e.g. horse riding, dance (which I do), cycling etc. and some girls don’t even have a hymen apparently. She said she knows this but she still doesn’t want me using them. Before you say, it’s because you were 16, I can assure you it’s not. She said at the time that you can use it when you’re older behind my back if you want (not in a nice way. It was passive aggressive if that’s the right word), but I don’t lie to my mum and she would probably find out anyway. I can obviously use them in future if I go on holiday with friends or something but at the moment, I’m only going on holiday with my family and it’s so frustrating that I always end up getting my period and having to stay out of the sea because I have a pad on my bikini. I’m probably not moving out any time soon and there’s no chance I can buy tampons and have them at home without her knowing (which I don’t want anyway) so I was wondering if anyone had any advice?

P.s. I’m not going on holiday this year so don’t talk about Covid please lol. This is a general thing
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Sorry, ignore this please. I accidentally posted it twice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads