The Student Room Group

Msc in Business Analytics sept 2020

I have offers for Msc in Business Analytics from
1.Uni of bath
2.Loughborough uni
3.Kent Uni
4.Lancaster uni
Can you suggest which would be the best among in terms of reputation/teaching/student life/part-time jobs? And also due to covid I'll be likely have blended learning if I start the course by sept 2020.Is it worth it that way? Any suggestions please?
(edited 3 years ago)
Anyone??
hi! i got accepted at Bath for Bus Analytics as well, but I also got offered for Data Analytics at Univ of Glasgow. I am struggling to decide on the two. I lean to Glasgow, but I don't think I can handle taking two courses at the same time with work/family, Bath offers only 1 at a time.
Original post by calypsolard
hi! i got accepted at Bath for Bus Analytics as well, but I also got offered for Data Analytics at Univ of Glasgow. I am struggling to decide on the two. I lean to Glasgow, but I don't think I can handle taking two courses at the same time with work/family, Bath offers only 1 at a time.

Hey what do you mean by two courses at the same time?
Original post by Sangeerthana
Hey what do you mean by two courses at the same time?

you have to take 2 courses per semester at UoG

Hi,

I am also considering MSc Business Analytics at Bath and MSc Data Analytics as Glasgow. Can I please ask which one you decided to go with and how you find the course please?

Thanks!
Hi,

I was wondering which course you decided to go for and if you enjoyed it? I'm struggling to choose between the two.

I'm trying to find out if the MSc Business Analytics course teach you statistics and if you get to build machine learning models from scratch. I tried asking the admissions team but they were really vague.

Thanks
Original post by MaliSilver
Hi,

I was wondering which course you decided to go for and if you enjoyed it? I'm struggling to choose between the two.

I'm trying to find out if the MSc Business Analytics course teach you statistics and if you get to build machine learning models from scratch. I tried asking the admissions team but they were really vague.

Thanks

I am with Bath now, had to turn down Glasgow because I thought I could not handle 2 courses concurrently (which Glasgow needs). Bath right now... is easy... and I don't mean to brag but I kind of wish I chose Glasgow because it is more challenging. Both will teach Stat and Machine Learning but I think Glasgow will go more in depth on ML.... partly this is due to Bath offering its course thru the Business School which focus on Biz analytics (being versed in both the business communication/visualization as well as the technical side) while Glasgow Data Analytics is done by its School of Math and Statistics so more technically rigorous. I already have a MBA so the first 4 courses at Bath feels redundant.
I am with Bath now, had to turn down Glasgow because I thought I could not handle 2 courses concurrently (which Glasgow needs). Bath right now... is easy... and I don't mean to brag but I kind of wish I chose Glasgow because it is more challenging. Both will teach Stat and Machine Learning but I think Glasgow will go more in depth on ML.... partly this is due to Bath offering its course thru the Business School which focus on Biz analytics (being versed in both the business communication/visualization as well as the technical side) while Glasgow Data Analytics is done by its School of Math and Statistics so more technically rigorous. I already have a MBA so the first 4 courses at Bath feels redundant.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Do they teach stats theory? Or just how to interpret output from a software?

Do we you also get to implement machine learning models from scratch? Eg. in python or R? Or is it just a software that we feed data into and interpret the output?

I think I'm also looking for a more technical degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending