How to get work experience?

Watch
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello, I'm going into my second year of uni and I'd ideally like to start getting some work experience now, but I'm not sure how possible this is going to be with covid?
I'm studying psychology, and at the moment am between two careers - forensic or developmental psychologist, so I think the NHS would be a good place to volunteer/get experience, but I'm not really sure where to start. What do volunteers do? Will they be taking on volunteers this year? And if not, where else could I gain experience?

Thanks so much in advance
Nabilah.rax
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi. i was just looking at work experience schemes for myself earlier today. i’m going into year 12 this september. if you go online and search up wokr experience for your level of education at where you wanna go there are usually loads of schemes available.
livelyrao
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You could check AgeUK Advice Line, hope you like it!
TheMightyKind
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
Hello, I'm going into my second year of uni and I'd ideally like to start getting some work experience now, but I'm not sure how possible this is going to be with covid?
I'm studying psychology, and at the moment am between two careers - forensic or developmental psychologist, so I think the NHS would be a good place to volunteer/get experience, but I'm not really sure where to start. What do volunteers do? Will they be taking on volunteers this year? And if not, where else could I gain experience?

Thanks so much in advance
You could email your local NHS trust and see what they think. Download and fill out the forms for NHS work experience. Volunteering is more like helping patients out in serving meals and also checking if they know their way around. Helping patients and visitors in the corridors. Hope that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (473)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (584)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (291)
20.59%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (65)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed