Applying to Maths with economics at LSE and economics at Cambridge.

Watch
Henri0812
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi. Is it difficult to apply to LSE for maths with economics and to Cambridge for economics at the same time? Would they be looking for the same thing in the personal statement or are there key differences that will make it difficult to do so? Thank you.
Henri0812
Rep:
?
someenglishguy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I don't know much about this LSE course, but it might be quite hard to write a personal statement including both - 2/5 of the first-year modules in Cambridge Economics, for example, involve economic history and contemporary politics and again, I don't know much about what this LSE course is like but I am assuming it focuses heavily on the mathematical side of economics - the Cambridge Economics degree also does but I assume not to the same extent and thus reconciling talking about the fairly interdisciplinary Cambridge course and a very maths-focused LSE course in the same personal statement might be a bit tricky.

But again, I don't know very much about this LSE course and I didn't get past the Winter Pool for the Cambridge Economics so I might not be too useful here.
Henri0812
Rep:
?
(Original post by someenglishguy)
I don't know much about this LSE course, but it might be quite hard to write a personal statement including both - 2/5 of the first-year modules in Cambridge Economics, for example, involve economic history and contemporary politics and again, I don't know much about what this LSE course is like but I am assuming it focuses heavily on the mathematical side of economics - the Cambridge Economics degree also does but I assume not to the same extent and thus reconciling talking about the fairly interdisciplinary Cambridge course and a very maths-focused LSE course in the same personal statement might be a bit tricky.

But again, I don't know very much about this LSE course and I didn't get past the Winter Pool for the Cambridge Economics so I might not be too useful here.
Thank you very much for the reply. Yes the course at LSE is very maths heavy so it may be tricky. Thanks again!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (178)
58.55%
I don't have everything I need (126)
41.45%

Watched Threads