The Student Room Group

NHS STP 2021 support group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Memphis_Cara
Since I'm applying to Clinical Biochemistry this year I also want to jump on the mini thread train so if you're looking to apply to Clinical Biochemistry please check this thread out/introduce yourselves:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6856780

Hey Cara, I tried clicking on the link but it takes me to the home page on the website and there is no thread..
It works on mine now :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by Bh22us
Hey Cara, I tried clicking on the link but it takes me to the home page on the website and there is no thread..

It works on mine now :smile:

I also get an error message when clicking the link, it says page not found. What is the name of the thread? Then people can search it manually
Original post by ER141
I also get an error message when clicking the link, it says page not found. What is the name of the thread? Then people can search it manually

Scientist Training Programme 2021 - Clinical Biochemistry
Reply 64
Scientist Training Programme 2021 - Clinical Biochemistry

Great! The link is actually working for me now, haha, but in case other people encounter a problem, here is a link to it (not sure why it's different to your link but it goes to the same place).
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=92974606&highlight=Scientist%20Training%20Programme%202021%20-%20Clinical%20Biochemistry
I'm going to be applying for microbiology ! super worried about the aptitude tests, for me its the logical ones that I find really difficult.
Im doing my masters in Parasitology (Biomed) atm and have a first class accredited degree in Biomedical Science. My dissertation was microbiology based. I've had a job in retail for the past 4 years also so im hoping I can highlight all the transferrable skills I have D: other than that I don't really have any experience so dont know how far i'll get :C
What are people doing to prepare right now ?
Reply 67
What are people doing to prepare right now ?

Repeatedly failing numerical assessments 😞 Why do they have to be so fast???
Original post by jgstone

Practice is a good thing. Just keeping doing that until you take the actual test. You'll be fine. :smile:

I understand the general anxiety about doing tests, but don't let that distract you from the questions! The tests are only used as an initial sift
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by Wick3d
Practice is a good thing. Just keeping doing that until you take the actual test. You'll be fine. :smile:

I understand the general anxiety about doing tests, but don't let that distract you from the questions! The tests are only using as an initial sift

Good advice, thanks! Yeah it’s definitely the format I’m struggling with rather than the maths itself which I guess is a good thing.

Would recommend the tests at assessment day for anyone looking for practice (£15 but worth it IMO)
Reply 70
Does anyone have any idea when more information will be released and when the applications will open?
Original post by dizzy4
Does anyone have any idea when more information will be released and when the applications will open?

No idea, other than to say sometime this month? Covid has delayed a lot of things unfortunately. Just got to be patient for now. :smile:
Original post by jgstone

Where are these neumerical tests that you talk about? Thank you
Reply 73
Dates are now released! They can be found here:

https://nshcs.hee.nhs.uk/programmes/stp/applicants/important-dates-for-stp-2021-applicants/

Summary: applications open 25th January and close 22nd February
A situational judgment test? Does this mean the test has changed ?
Reply 75
A situational judgment test? Does this mean the test has changed ?

That's what I was thinking. I don't believe it was called this in previous years. It doesn't look like we have to do the logical and numerical tests this year, though perhaps there will be some elements of those in this new test.
Original post by ER141
That's what I was thinking. I don't believe it was called this in previous years. It doesn't look like we have to do the logical and numerical tests this year, though perhaps there will be some elements of those in this new test.

I have just messaged their twitter, I'd really like to know as I paid for the study pack today
Reply 77
I have just messaged their twitter, I'd really like to know as I paid for the study pack today

That's a good idea, let us know what they say. Oh that's a shame, I wish they had told us what tests we would be doing earlier.
Reply 78

I have been using the study pack too 😢
Just google Situational Judgement Tests and practice away. Same standard of tests that you will find for the Civil Service, etc. Their timeline is rather ambitious, only three weeks to shortlist all the applications. I imagine the test cut-off will be higher this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending