The Student Room Group

What should I do about my friend?

So I've been friends with this guy for nearly a year, we used to work together and I trained him before I left. We kept in touch and he's got a gf now and the last time I met him he was lying to her about where he was which I didn't like. Now he's telling me that his gf hates me and doesn't want him hanging out with me or even talking to me on the phone and said that he helps me more than he helps her which isnt true. She doesn't even know me and we've never met and she said that she doesn't wanna know me. She doesn't sound very nice and he has moaned about her to me before so What should I do??
i'd say talk to the girlfriend
I don't have her number though and she won't meet me for some reason
Original post by cherlloydfan1
I don't have her number though and she won't meet me for some reason

hm.. try messaging her on instagram or facebook? maybe she has mistaken your relationship with her boyfriend / thinks you want to steal him or smth. if you are able to talk to her, tell your side of the story. other than that she doesn't really have any reason to dislike you, so she might be insecure/jealous. if that's the case, i don't think their relationship will last long.
Reply 4
When he lied about where he was, was he actually hanging out with you?
Reply 5
Youve only got the guy's version of events. If he's been prepared to lie in the past, can you trust what he is saying now? He could be using his girlfriend as an excuse to not talk to you. Tell him to sort things out with her and not moan to you about it.
I don't trust him really but when I was out with him that time she kept calling him so I think that she knew that he was lying and I don't think that he's using her as an excuse not to talk to me cos he's the one that calls me
Minus yourself from this equation and go make friends with someone else worth your while. Too much drama to be dealing with during these times as it is. He doesn’t sound worth keep as a friend.
the thing is I don't even know her name so I can't contact her on Facebook or anything and he keeps threatening to commit suicide now
Original post by cherlloydfan1
the thing is I don't even know her name so I can't contact her on Facebook or anything and he keeps threatening to commit suicide now

oh lord he's one of those manipulative, toxic mfers. cut him out of your life, trust me.
I don't know whether he has actually done it or not or whether he's just blocked me cos my msgs aren't delivering to him now and his phone goes straight to voicemail
stop being his friend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending