Eryn6
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi I was thinking of getting a degree in forensic psychology, finance or law and was unsure of what a levels to take. I really want to take maths and obviously psychology. I know chemistry would go well with forensic psychology and it’s my favourite of the 3 main sciences and if I was to take law I heard they like you to have an essay based subject so I thought maybe religious studies? My school teaches maths in 1 year so if you get an A you can take further maths next year and if not you can resit the maths a level at second year. Would math, further maths, psychology, chemistry and religious studies be too much? Obviously if only be taking 4 each year. I have pretty good GCSE grades (all above 7s)
Dechante
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Eryn6)
Hi I was thinking of getting a degree in forensic psychology, finance or law and was unsure of what a levels to take. I really want to take maths and obviously psychology. I know chemistry would go well with forensic psychology and it’s my favourite of the 3 main sciences and if I was to take law I heard they like you to have an essay based subject so I thought maybe religious studies? My school teaches maths in 1 year so if you get an A you can take further maths next year and if not you can resit the maths a level at second year. Would math, further maths, psychology, chemistry and religious studies be too much? Obviously if only be taking 4 each year. I have pretty good GCSE grades (all above 7s)
I think you might be getting forensic psychology and forensic science confused. Forensic psychology is the application of psychological knowledge to criminal behaviour and looking at the cause of crime so there's no chemistry involved. There's no specific requirements for law so any a levels would be good an essay subject will defo help you with a law degree though although it's not essential.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
4 a levels is a lot but if you're doing maths in a year it might not be as bad? you could just do maths, chemistry and psychology- psychology is an essay based subject :yep:
Eryn6
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Dechante)
I think you might be getting forensic psychology and forensic science confused. Forensic psychology is the application of psychological knowledge to criminal behaviour and looking at the cause of crime so there's no chemistry involved. There's no specific requirements for law so any a levels would be good an essay subject will defo help you with a law degree though although it's not essential.
Hi I know I don’t want to do forensic science and I do want to do forensic psychology but I heard parts of psychology involved chemistry and biology? Either way I though having a science would keep my options open if I did change my mind as it’s facilitating and chemistry is my favourite science
Last edited by Eryn6; 10 months ago
Dechante
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Eryn6)
Hi I know I don’t want to do forensic science and I do want to do forensic psychology but I heard parts of psychology involved chemistry and biology? Either way I though having a science would keep my options open if I did change my mind as it’s facilitating and chemistry is my favourite science
imo four a levels is a lot especially with the subjects you're doing. Would you rather have four OK A levels or three outstanding A levels? I wouldn't say chemistry really comes into psychology but you will see some biology involved such as neuroscience although biology a level isn't necessary for a psych degree. I agree with absolutely sprout to do maths, psychology and chemistry and these will keep your options open to your chosen career paths. I would chose chemistry over biology as you said it's your favourite science so therefore you're more likely to get a higher grade in it compared to biology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
44.95%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.54%
I'm really nervous (58)
20.21%

Watched Threads