Skincare Recommendations/ Routines Help??

Watch
carxlinefxrbes_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya, this is a bit diff to my usual study questions but I was wondering if anyone had good affordable skincare recommendations? I’ve been trying to start a good skincare routine for a while and have purchased the glossier skincare set to start but I’ve nearly used the entire bottle of the milky cleanser and my skin is still breaking out. (I also didn’t get much product for the price I paid ouch). I’d like recommendations for a simple skincare routine and good reasonably priced products. My skin is combo and a little sensitive for reference.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

(I also didn’t really know which sub forum to post this is whoops)
Jennyjet83
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My current routine seems to be working for me, with the exception of my hormonal chin! I use the Cerave hydrating cleanser at morning and night, rubbing in for 60 seconds and washing off with COLD water!
Then id recommend hyalauronic acid to hydrate- i've tried ones from Revolution skincare and The Ordinary and theyre both fab and super cheap. Its best to put that on when your face is still damp.
Then id recommend finding some sort of acid such as lactic acid, glycolic acid, etc as a chemical exfoliant (because scrubs can be really harsh on sensitive skin, avoid).
Then I use the Cerave daily moisturiser with SPF 15.
Id recommend going on The Ordinary's website, where you can live chat or email them with skin concerns and theyll reply with a full routine!
carxlinefxrbes_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jennyjet83)
My current routine seems to be working for me, with the exception of my hormonal chin! I use the Cerave hydrating cleanser at morning and night, rubbing in for 60 seconds and washing off with COLD water!
Then id recommend hyalauronic acid to hydrate- i've tried ones from Revolution skincare and The Ordinary and theyre both fab and super cheap. Its best to put that on when your face is still damp.
Then id recommend finding some sort of acid such as lactic acid, glycolic acid, etc as a chemical exfoliant (because scrubs can be really harsh on sensitive skin, avoid).
Then I use the Cerave daily moisturiser with SPF 15.
Id recommend going on The Ordinary's website, where you can live chat or email them with skin concerns and theyll reply with a full routine!
Thanks you for your advice! I’ve actually been wondering about brands that offer moisturiser with spf in them as mine currently doesn’t have any so this is really useful!
f_f17
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi. In terms of affordable and good moisturisers and oils, I like using the brand Simple because it is very gentle and really nice for those who have sensitive skin. Their light moisturisers are so great especially the one with SPF. I use that one if I were to leave the house. If you want to try oils, I and loads of others really like the Rosehip Seed Oil from The Ordinary but their other oils are great too. So good but use a bit at a time especially if you have oily skin. Hope this helped a bit.
bhadbhabie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
everybody knows aloe vera is where it's at
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by carxlinefxrbes_)
Thanks you for your advice! I’ve actually been wondering about brands that offer moisturiser with spf in them as mine currently doesn’t have any so this is really useful!
Olay Complete Lightweight Day Fluid. It has SPF 15 and there's a version specifically for sensitive skin (coming from someone with sensitive skin).

I use Simple products otherwise, and Revolution Overnight Blemish Lotion for the odd breakout; used to use the Simple roll-on which had zinc as a main ingredient, but it was discontinued and this one is a similar concoction.
carxlinefxrbes_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
Olay Complete Lightweight Day Fluid. It has SPF 15 and there's a version specifically for sensitive skin (coming from someone with sensitive skin).

I use Simple products otherwise, and Revolution Overnight Blemish Lotion for the odd breakout; used to use the Simple roll-on which had zinc as a main ingredient, but it was discontinued and this one is a similar concoction.
Thank you!
carxlinefxrbes_
Rep:
?
(Original post by f_f17)
Hi. In terms of affordable and good moisturisers and oils, I like using the brand Simple because it is very gentle and really nice for those who have sensitive skin. Their light moisturisers are so great especially the one with SPF. I use that one if I were to leave the house. If you want to try oils, I and loads of others really like the Rosehip Seed Oil from The Ordinary but their other oils are great too. So good but use a bit at a time especially if you have oily skin. Hope this helped a bit.
Thank you! I’ve actually been thinking about trying out oils so might try that one out to start!
studybean:b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by carxlinefxrbes_)
Hiya, this is a bit diff to my usual study questions but I was wondering if anyone had good affordable skincare recommendations? I’ve been trying to start a good skincare routine for a while and have purchased the glossier skincare set to start but I’ve nearly used the entire bottle of the milky cleanser and my skin is still breaking out. (I also didn’t get much product for the price I paid ouch). I’d like recommendations for a simple skincare routine and good reasonably priced products. My skin is combo and a little sensitive for reference.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

(I also didn’t really know which sub forum to post this is whoops)
Simple soap(the bar) is great on my skin in isn't stripping but leaves my skin leaving clean.
I also use the simple moisturizer, and miscellar water in the morning. I also use some eczema products i go from my pharmacist lol.
thuv
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by f_f17)
The Ordinary is amazing! So lucky to be able to buy pure skincare products
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.52%
No (310)
78.48%

Watched Threads