hannah.armstrong
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’m thinking about applying to university for a Travel and Tourism course at a HNC/HND level. I’m was just wondering if there is any one here who has done this kind of course or could recommend a university to look at? I’m hoping to become an air hostess after uni if that help with anything
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by hannah.armstrong)
I’m thinking about applying to university for a Travel and Tourism course at a HNC/HND level. I’m was just wondering if there is any one here who has done this kind of course or could recommend a university to look at? I’m hoping to become an air hostess after uni if that help with anything
The travel industry is in the pits right now with thousands losing their jobs. Airlines are laying off staff. Perhaps rethink your plan and do a different HNC - business studies?
hannah.armstrong
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by mike23mike)
The travel industry is in the pits right now with thousands losing their jobs. Airlines are laying off staff. Perhaps rethink your plan and do a different HNC - business studies?
That’s been in my mind as well about the industry not being the best atm. But i do business at college right now and i just find it so dull so i feel doing it at uni wouldn’t be the best
mizzsnazzter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why pay £50k at uni for a job you can apply for without a degree? (Genuine confused question)
hannah.armstrong
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mizzsnazzter)
Why pay £50k at uni for a job you can apply for without a degree? (Genuine confused question)
Because if i decide to leave Cabin Crew and go down another path i’d rather have my uni degree to fall back on as a security blanket
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A degree in Travel and Tourism is a total waste of time - and at the moment it'll just be a pathway to Universal Credit

Do Event Management, Hospitality Management, Marketing, Human Resources - ANYTHING but T&T.
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Please don’t feel you have to change degree because someone says so!

People are right, the industry isn’t great right now. But it will recover! The industry will be searching for people to help build it back up and there will be jobs in the industry, just not right now!

I’m applying to uni for next year to study tourism and hospitality.

People will tell you it’s a waste of time but if you’re passionate about it, go for it! It most definitely will not be a waste of time when you prove them all wrong!
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do a different degree. Then you can become an air hostess (as you need no degree for it) but you have the other one to fall back on. Seriously, I am really concerned about getting a degree to get a job that doesn't exist and doesn't even need the degree. In a few years the jobs may well be back to normal and then you can do it, but right now that's not a sensible plan at all, I'm sorry
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hannah.armstrong)
I wouldn't even get a business degree unless it's from a really reputable university.....otherwise your not falling back on much. Being an air hostess for 10 years, and then "falling back on your degree" won't even give you degree level work experience...that's likely a real crux issue no here has seemed to notice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.73%
I'm not sure (16)
3.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (151)
33.71%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.79%
I'm not a current university student (207)
46.21%

Watched Threads