Asking for an opinion. Year 2020

Watch this thread
Hofmi45
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi. I’m an EU student and in September I’m starting Year 2 and my uni has decided on doing blended teaching, i.e. online lectures with 3 hours of person to person meeting. This could change depending on the situation in the UK, either going completely online or more in-room classes.

The thing is, I had to cancel my tenancy contract because the first installment needed to be paid by the end of July, which to me seemed really early and kinda risky, considering the fact that we have no idea if there will be another lockdown (either back home or in UK) before the end of September as things could turn worse again in fall.

So my question to you all is, do you think it’s worth it, doing the first semester in UK or staying back home (therefore saving some money) and doing the first semester online while working and just go back to UK in January for the second semester.

My hesitancy probably lies within the fact that im essentially paying for uni and not getting the whole "experience" of studying abroad so im feeling pretty bummed. But hopefully the situation next year will be better and I’ll find a placement in Canada as part of a sandwich year, like I’m trying to
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hofmi45)
Hi. I’m an EU student and in September I’m starting Year 2 and my uni has decided on doing blended teaching, i.e. online lectures with 3 hours of person to person meeting. This could change depending on the situation in the UK, either going completely online or more in-room classes.

The thing is, I had to cancel my tenancy contract because the first installment needed to be paid by the end of July, which to me seemed really early and kinda risky, considering the fact that we have no idea if there will be another lockdown (either back home or in UK) before the end of September as things could turn worse again in fall.

So my question to you all is, do you think it’s worth it, doing the first semester in UK or staying back home (therefore saving some money) and doing the first semester online while working and just go back to UK in January for the second semester.

My hesitancy probably lies within the fact that im essentially paying for uni and not getting the whole "experience" of studying abroad so im feeling pretty bummed. But hopefully the situation next year will be better and I’ll find a placement in Canada as part of a sandwich year, like I’m trying to
Its a risk to come over and find the UK is still on lockdown. I would do S1 in your home country - unless the uni has insisted you be in-country by a certain date.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (92)
19.96%
The paper was reasonable (176)
38.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.81%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
16.05%

Watched Threads