The Student Room Group

Universities and Autumn Exams: Which unis are allowing what?

It's a bewildering time to be a student right now, and amid all the confusion we've had a few questions asked about whether a university would take students following an Autumn exam sitting.

The government asked universities to be flexible with their admissions processes, and with this in mind some universities are offering candidates places if their grades are successful in the October A Level exam series.

But which universities are doing this?
Not all of them. :noway:

In order to help inform students about what's going on I thought I would set up this thread to see which universities are allowing students to join post-Autumn exams and which aren't. Many will be offering January start dates as you won't be getting the results from the Autumn series until December.
If you've spoken to a university about this yourself, please post below with the name of the uni and what they've told you. :smile: - even if they've told you there won't be any available January start dates. :redface:

I'll keep the OP updated with a list of universities and what they have told applicants. :yep:

Please Note: A university listed in this post does not mean their policy applies to all applicants on all courses.

Please check with the universities you're interested in what they will and won't offer to you before making any decisions. You can find university clearing phone numbers and list of available courses here.

You can find information about the Autumn exam series, appeals and retake options here.
(edited 3 years ago)
Thanks for this :smile:

Hopefully some of the university reps on TSR will be able to come and give their official policy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending