The Student Room Group

Anyone studying at Stonebridge College?

Hello! I thought I’d make a space for any fellow Stonebridge students to make a little community and we can support each other if we have any questions.

I noticed the online student community on the Stonebridge website doesn’t work at all, is everyone else having this problem?

Don’t be say afraid to say hello! What are you currently studying?
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hiya, I am studying Access to HE Science. How do you find your course so far?
Reply 2
Original post by mia.ra
Hiya, I am studying Access to HE Science. How do you find your course so far?

Hi there! I’m still getting through the few ungraded units, it’s okey but the ungraded ones are quite boring and it’s sometimes hard to meet the word count so I feel like I’m repeating myself a lot when I’m filling out the answers. I can’t wait to actually get to the psychology modules as it will be a lot more interesting! How have you been so far? Are you past the ungraded modules?

Ps, is the student community link working for you on the website? It doesn’t work for me at all! I emailed them about it and they just told me to like their Facebook page to find other students 🤔
Only just managed to submit unit 3 ungraded. Those units are taking far too long and I am starting to panic as only have till the end of July. I also find them very boring and sometimes not sure what to write. As you said repeating myself again and again and it doesn't seem to be the right thing. And yes the student community ling does not work :redface:
Reply 4
Original post by mia.ra
Only just managed to submit unit 3 ungraded. Those units are taking far too long and I am starting to panic as only have till the end of July. I also find them very boring and sometimes not sure what to write. As you said repeating myself again and again and it doesn't seem to be the right thing. And yes the student community ling does not work :redface:

So sorry for my late reply! I’m in the exact situation so I completely feel your frustration. Mine finishes in July too, they gave me 16 days to do each unit and I’m already struggling. Is that how long you’ve got per unit? I’ve just submitted unit 2 but I’m really worried it will fail, didn’t think it would be so mind boggling right from the get go :s-smilie: I don’t even know if they give you another chance to resubmit if you fail the ungraded ones :confused: Do you have any tips for unit 3? I’ve been going over it and I can’t tell whether they want me to write an essay or just short examples of citations, they haven’t even indicated a word count so it’s a bit confusing. I hope you’re doing okey! Btw, what are you thinking of doing at uni? :smile:
Original post by zensally
So sorry for my late reply! I’m in the exact situation so I completely feel your frustration. Mine finishes in July too, they gave me 16 days to do each unit and I’m already struggling. Is that how long you’ve got per unit? I’ve just submitted unit 2 but I’m really worried it will fail, didn’t think it would be so mind boggling right from the get go :s-smilie: I don’t even know if they give you another chance to resubmit if you fail the ungraded ones :confused: Do you have any tips for unit 3? I’ve been going over it and I can’t tell whether they want me to write an essay or just short examples of citations, they haven’t even indicated a word count so it’s a bit confusing. I hope you’re doing okey! Btw, what are you thinking of doing at uni? :smile:

Hi, Zensally I don't know why but I have something like 42 days for each assignment and I think that's far too long. With that rate, I will complete the course in 2 years. Of course, I do not wait 42 days, I am trying to submit an assignment as soon as am ready with it.
Unit 2 is hard but if you send it to your tutor for a review first he/ she will give you advice on how to amend it and improve it. Aways follow their recommendations. and you'll be fine
If you do not achieve in any of the ungraded ones, you will have to resubmit it again. I think you can only do this once. As I said they will give you feedback which is very important.
For Unit 3-write two examples of paraphrase and quotation from an article. Basically what you need to do is

PARAPHRASE EXAMPLE 1
Original text -Write a whole paragraph from the article, use quotation marks, cite it
My example- paraphrase the paragraph 1-2 sentences to retain the meaning of the original text,
introduce your paraphrase with According to ... The Author (write the name) believes...
then do the same for paraphrase example 2

QUOTATION EXAMPLE 1
Original text- "....", cite it
My example
use introduction for your quotation too
No word count for this unit.
Hope this helps
(edited 3 years ago)
Hello I'm currently studying Access to HE (Adult Nursing) i have also noticed that the forum page isn't working at all. I have tried it for the last couples of days and still nothing, have you just started?
Reply 7
Hi, I'm just finalising Unit 2 - I'm not enjoying it at the moment...really doubting myself and because I'm not enjoying it much, I'm getting really distracted!! I too have 42 days per unit, but I am also trying to complete way before that! I'm sure there will be a few assignments where I need the full 42 days!
Reply 8
Original post by erica.afonso
Hello I'm currently studying Access to HE (Adult Nursing) i have also noticed that the forum page isn't working at all. I have tried it for the last couples of days and still nothing, have

Hi everyone I am with them (Nursing) and I'm stating to struggle with units and lack of support from them and looking to apply to university next year.
Reply 9
Please can you help me with unit 3? I have no idea what to do. I have been on it for a while now still am not making any progress.Can't wait to finish the boring ungraded Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by Aj0198
Hi everyone I am with them (Nursing) and I'm stating to struggle with units and lack of support from them and looking to apply to university next year.

Hi I’m also studying nursing too. What unit have you gotten to?
Reply 11
Original post by zensally
Hello! I’m studying an access to HE in psychology with criminology at Stonebridge College.

I thought I’d make a space for any fellow Stonebridge students to make a little community and we can support each other if we have any questions.

I noticed the online student community on the Stonebridge website doesn’t work at all, is everyone else having this problem?

Don’t be say afraid to say hello! What are you currently studying? 🙂

Hi. It doesn’t work for me as well. I was beginning to think it was just me. I’m in support of having the group set up. So we can help and encourage one another
Reply 12
Original post by Zidon2
Please can you help me with unit 3? I have no idea what to do. I have been on it for a while now still am not making any progress.Can't wait to finish the boring ungraded Thanks

Hi have you figured this out? Or do you still need help?
Reply 13
Original post by Roro3
Hi have you figured this out? Or do you still need help?

Am sorted now, thanks a lot
Hello, my name is Olivia. I’m studying for an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Health Science.
I’m wondering what kind of questions are you facing that could be more difficult? I thought it was a great idea to support each other from what you were saying. Is anyone also doing any type of science or social science alike?

Why did you choose your subject? What kind of career pathway of opportunities does this college provide you with?
Reply 15
I have taken the HE Access in Early Childhood and I regret it so much. I am on week 10 now and I have just given up entirely. The content are so boring and repeating. And you have to write either an essay or research for every single module and they fail you every time you submit it so you have to redo it which is really not encouraging.I have applied a level 5 diploma via Oxbridge instead the interface itself is so much better already and the assignment it’s so much more achievable. With Stonebridge it just felt like a mission impossible. I would have just gone for a level 5 diploma instead of this HE Access and get into university....
Original post by nat423w
I have taken the HE Access in Early Childhood and I regret it so much. I am on week 10 now and I have just given up entirely. The content are so boring and repeating. And you have to write either an essay or research for every single module and they fail you every time you submit it so you have to redo it which is really not encouraging.I have applied a level 5 diploma via Oxbridge instead the interface itself is so much better already and the assignment it’s so much more achievable. With Stonebridge it just felt like a mission impossible. I would have just gone for a level 5 diploma instead of this HE Access and get into university....

Sounds wonderful you have found a much better diploma at Oxbridge. I agree I took Early Years Education and the tutor never said for me to sign a learners agreement and I also had to pay everything on my own without any government financial funding. I changed course to something else and am so glad about it.
I'm doing psychology with criminology at Stonebridge (currently on unit 8 and trying to figure out how to write a journal article). There's a facebook group that's been pretty helpful: Stonebridge College Distance Learning. I've found a couple other people on the same course as me there.
Hello, im currently studying Access to he in nursing with stonebridge, I have found the tutors arnt very responsive, and the forum does not work for me either. Ive just submitted unit 5, does anyone have any insight on how to do unit 6? What should I focus on? What's most important information to get down? What layout do I do? I would greatly appreciate help x
Him
Original post by Missy93&lt
Hello, im currently studying Access to he in nursing with stonebridge, I have found the tutors arnt very responsive, and the forum does not work for me either. Ive just submitted unit 5, does anyone have any insight on how to do unit 6? What should I focus on? What's most important information to get down? What layout do I do? I would greatly appreciate help x

Hi I’m studying at Stonebridge nursing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending