Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’ve seen UCL have increased their BTEC requirement for Information Management from DDD to D*D*D* for 2021 entry. Is this a mistake or are they genuinely asking for this because no one in my sixth forms gotten this.

I’ve got one of the highest grades at D*D*D. I know it’s possible to achieve this but I was hoping to apply to UCL as a couple other BTEC student got in however this really got me worried as I’m a grade off.

Can anyone confirm this is change indefinitely? Switching from 2020 to 2021 entry requirements are changed.

Thanks!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve seen UCL have increased their BTEC requirement for Information Management from DDD to D*D*D* for 2021 entry. Is this a mistake or are they genuinely asking for this because no one in my sixth forms gotten this.

I’ve got one of the highest grades at D*D*D. I know it’s possible to achieve this but I was hoping to apply to UCL as a couple other BTEC student got in however this really got me worried as I’m a grade off.

Can anyone confirm this is change indefinitely? Switching from 2020 to 2021 entry requirements are changed.

Thanks!
Also why such a drastic change? I know this course is very in demand but three grades higher whilst a level requirements aren’t changed at all. Do they not want BTEC students at their university?

I’m sorry if I’m being dumb but this has really discouraged me.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 months ago

Thanks!
You need to speak to UCL, but I know people who got D*D*D*. Is it 16 or 17 distinctions? What are the A level and access grades?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
You need to speak to UCL, but I know people who got D*D*D*. Is it 16 or 17 distinctions? What are the A level and access grades?
Thanks for your reply,

I will contact them tomorrow to confirm. I believe it may be 17 distinctions but I’m not entirely and it definitely is possible. It’s never been achieved in my sixth form however I’ve seen on TSR a couple have achieved it.

However I’m just curious why such a huge increase of 3 grades. The a level requirements are AAA (ABB for contextual) which haven’t changed but I compared 2020 BTEC requirements and they were asking DDD.

Do you think I’ll get in with one grade below?
Anonymous #1
Sure*
999tigger
Report 3 months ago
Thanks for your reply,

I will contact them tomorrow to confirm. I believe it may be 17 distinctions but I’m not entirely and it definitely is possible. It’s never been achieved in my sixth form however I’ve seen on TSR a couple have achieved it.

However I’m just curious why such a huge increase of 3 grades. The a level requirements are AAA (ABB for contextual) which haven’t changed but I compared 2020 BTEC requirements and they were asking DDD.

Do you think I’ll get in with one grade below?
Because uts supply and demand they they are getting people with those sorts of grades. I dont know if they have changed access grades but they looked very generous the last time I looked.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Because uts supply and demand they they are getting people with those sorts of grades. I dont know if they have changed access grades but they looked very generous the last time I looked.
Thanks for your reply. Hopefully they’ll let me in with one grade off. I meet all their other requirements.

Do you know if they’re lenient with their offers?
999tigger
Report 3 months ago
Thanks for your reply. Hopefully they’ll let me in with one grade off. I meet all their other requirements.

Do you know if they’re lenient with their offers?
You would have to get the data on applications to offers.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Also why such a drastic change? I know this course is very in demand but three grades higher whilst a level requirements aren’t changed at all. Do they not want BTEC students at their university?

I’m sorry if I’m being dumb but this has really discouraged me.
This could be due to the people who did the course last year not achieving as highly and detecting that mostly from btec students. I also noticed today some changes to other uni entry requirements like Leeds. It is common for unis to do this
Anonymous #1
This could be due to the people who did the course last year not achieving as highly and detecting that mostly from btec students. I also noticed today some changes to other uni entry requirements like Leeds. It is common for unis to do this
Ahh that sucks but understandable. Hopefully there a bit lenient.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads