Maintenance loan says "Awaiting payment details" even though I have provided details

Watch
djis1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Under "Status" on my Maintenance loan it says "Awaiting payment details" and next to it under "Paid to" is says "Not provided". I've inputted my bank details twice, once after is initially said "awaiting payment details" on the Payments page and again after it still said "awaiting payment details". I rang SF up about it twice and they said my payment details are all there and not to worry about what it says on the internet page and that my money would still be paid but its making me uneasy.

Has this happened to anyone else before?
NeroliTenzing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hmm, not much you can do if they say it's showing. Is it your first year? If you were approved recently in the last few weeks it might be waiting for your national insurance to be checked with HMRC (although payments would normally show as blocked in that case). If you've rang twice, I'd say you're fine. The SFE submit the payment 5 working days before the pay date (as long as uni confirms you're there), when that happens, your payment status should change to submitted. You could also check with them the 5 days before to make sure that is the case, at least that gives you a heads up before the expected pay date if they need to fix it.
djis1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by NeroliTenzing)
Hmm, not much you can do if they say it's showing. Is it your first year? If you were approved recently in the last few weeks it might be waiting for your national insurance to be checked with HMRC (although payments would normally show as blocked in that case). If you've rang twice, I'd say you're fine. The SFE submit the payment 5 working days before the pay date (as long as uni confirms you're there), when that happens, your payment status should change to submitted. You could also check with them the 5 days before to make sure that is the case, at least that gives you a heads up before the expected pay date if they need to fix it.
Im transferring to a different university from 2nd year to 1st year. Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. Ill call them again closer to the date.
Firewood1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by djis1)
Under "Status" on my Maintenance loan it says "Awaiting payment details" and next to it under "Paid to" is says "Not provided". I've inputted my bank details twice, once after is initially said "awaiting payment details" on the Payments page and again after it still said "awaiting payment details". I rang SF up about it twice and they said my payment details are all there and not to worry about what it says on the internet page and that my money would still be paid but its making me uneasy.

Has this happened to anyone else before?
Yes, I have got the same thing on my account. I thought it was a small computer system bug, which has to go away with time, but it still wasn't fixed. Encouragingly, the Entitlement letter has everything correct. We need to complain to SFE for them to realize they have got a problem.
djis1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Firewood1)
Yes, I have got the same thing on my account. I thought it was a small computer system bug, which has to go away with time, but it still wasn't fixed. Encouragingly, the Entitlement letter has everything correct. We need to complain to SFE for them to realize they have got a problem.
That's reassuring. I think its a computer bug because they say everything is fine on their end but they should still do something about it.
Does your tuition fee loan say "Awaiting confirmation" ?
Firewood1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by djis1)
That's reassuring. I think its a computer bug because they say everything is fine on their end but they should still do something about it.
Does your tuition fee loan say "Awaiting confirmation" ?
Yes, it does say that. In my case, I changed my study program recently and I study parttime, it might be somehow related to that. Whether related or not, it is a bug. The crucial question is whether this virtual bug would lead to a real delay in payment of the maintenance loan.
djis1
Rep:
?
Same here. I've changed to part time. It seems we're in the same boat with this SFE thing. I've sent SFE an email about the situation to their complaints email but I don't know how long it'll take for them to reply. I wonder if there's a way to make them see this thread.
djis1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Firewood1)
Yes, it does say that. In my case, I changed my study program recently and I study parttime, it might be somehow related to that. Whether related or not, it is a bug. The crucial question is whether this virtual bug would lead to a real delay in payment of the maintenance loan.
I asked if it could cause a delay over the phone and I was told my info and everything on their end was completely fine. Hopefully its just a problem on our side.
Firewood1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by djis1)
I asked if it could cause a delay over the phone and I was told my info and everything on their end was completely fine. Hopefully its just a problem on our side.
The sad thing with the status being stuck in erroneous "Awaiting payment details", we do not have a possibility to monitor the actual status. Such monitoring could be very useful. Last year my status appeared to be permanently at "Awaiting confirmation" (even few days before the payment day), so I complained to both SFE and my uni and it turned out that my uni forgot (!!) to send COR (confirmation of registration) to SFE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (0)
0%
No (3)
100%

Watched Threads