The Student Room Group

Know what I want to study but messed up student finance?

Hi,

I went to uni after I left sixth form but absolutely hated where I was and what I was doing and ended up dropping out after completing second year. After a couple of years working I'm now in a better place to make these decisions and know what I want to study only I now only have two years of student finance.

I want to study nutrition and dietetics and am not sure I can transfer onto the second year of nutrition courses. I've looked at the OU but they do not offer nutrition and have also considered finishing my degree in science (biology or chemistry through the OU) then doing a masters but am not sure how this will affect me long term careerwise only having the masters not the degree in nutrition and dietetics.

I can't afford to fund the last year of uni myself so I'm really unsure what to do
Just FYI you'd have to fund the tuition fee in the first year of your study. You would get a maintenance loan only in the first year. Then your two years full funding kicks in. But for dietetics and nutrition, if that is classed as an allied health professional course, these are currently exempt from previous study rules. It might change the next academic year, but I think since 2018 or 19 these were added to nursing and midwifery as exemption courses. This is from my time working there, I would call them direct to make sure - the government websites only mention NHS bursary and that "AHP" courses are exempt without going into further detail...utterly useless website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending