Computer Science at Swansea (2020)

Watch
isjhfjda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
hi, is there any current CS student can share their opinion on the course?
what do u think abt the course' structure?
how are the professers like? do they explain things well?

i know there are several similar questions before but many are posted before bay campus was built.

i've heard few opinions such as the course being too intense and some parts of the course being described as "uninteresting" (i suppose its the ethics parts)
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by isjhfjda)
hi, is there any current CS student can share their opinion on the course?
what do u think abt the course' structure?
how are the professers like? do they explain things well?

i know there are several similar questions before but many are posted before bay campus was built.

i've heard few opinions such as the course being too intense and some parts of the course being described as "uninteresting" (i suppose its the ethics parts)
Hi, thanks for your questions! I've asked for a Comp Sci student to hop on this thread to share their experiences with you

In the meantime you may enjoy this virtual tour of Computer Science at Swansea and the day in the life of one of our Comp Sci students, and find the following stats and facts about the programme useful:
• It's 8th in the UK overall and Top in Wales (Times Good Uni Guide)
• Top 10 for Grad Prospects (Complete Uni Guide 2021)
• You would be based in our £32.5m Computational Foundry including a Vision and Biometric Lab, Maker Lab, Future Interaction Technologies Lab, Theory Lab, Cyber Security Lab, User Lab and Visualisation Suite
• Our Project Fair allows students to present their work to local industry
• The programme provided strong links with industry including Google, Facebook, NHS, Tata Steel, Ford, Microsoft and many more
• Our degrees accredited by the British Computer Society

- Hannah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (720)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (911)
42.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (403)
18.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.37%

Watched Threads