Is "The Booking Team" modelling agency legit or a scam?

Watch this thread
Daniellle.longhu
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
amazing company would recommend
Last edited by Daniellle.longhu; 1 year ago
Kaylaf29
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi I know this is a few months old now but what happened and also is this the same company as the one on Chatley street cheetham hill as I'm supposed to have an appointment tomorrow and the email says if I don't turn up we could be put on the unreliable model register is this the same company as don't want to be scammed
lilamls
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
Definitely, definitely looks like a scam. These horrible agencies seem to never give up on exploiting people out of their money.
nice...
Sapphire_8282
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone been refunded for this
Sapphire_8282
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone had there money refunded
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Very unlikely that the company involved will do refunds.

If you paid via card and not get what you expected to receive, contact your card issuer (bank) and initiate a chargeback.
Eldred gt 139
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
If you were in Manchester photo shoot this week let me know because I got scammed by them and a few people were in the room too.they asked for 200 for a portfolio an claim you paid for your pictures
Sapphire_8282
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Eldred gt 139)
If you were in Manchester photo shoot this week let me know because I got scammed by them and a few people were in the room too.they asked for 200 for a portfolio an claim you paid for your pictures
My daughter was scammed out of £400 they told her she has paid for her photos own website and to go to the model academy and that Emma (agent,they make it sound professional) will be in touch finding her work .everyone my daughter has messaged Emma she ignores her or says she will get back to her soon . I also got in touch and asked for the money back (£400 for a few photos send by email,that’s a portfolio) and they give me an email to get in touch with head office . No such email so again phoned back my daughter was given another email .again no such email . I will not leave it at this
Eldred gt 139
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sapphire_8282)
My daughter was scammed out of £400 they told her she has paid for her photos own website and to go to the model academy and that Emma (agent,they make it sound professional) will be in touch finding her work .everyone my daughter has messaged Emma she ignores her or says she will get back to her soon . I also got in touch and asked for the money back (£400 for a few photos send by email,that’s a portfolio) and they give me an email to get in touch with head office . No such email so again phoned back my daughter was given another email .again no such email . I will not leave it at this
Your daughter most likely seen me Mrs, as i got scammed too. Can u give me her socials to discuss it with her
Bunny Bonnita
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Rude, disappointing and unprofessional PLEASE BE WAREThis agency is my worst experience in this industry. I signed with them in September 2019 after I had a very long talk with their modelling trainer Meni who is very delicate and sweet. He assured the following:1- I implied limitation like i don't want to do bikini or lingerie or any jobs entail revealing and he said all fine. Models are not forced to do what they don't prefer. Now they came back when i asked for refund with disgrace tone of
RmbRmbthe5thfnov
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey!I went there sometime this week (I want to mask exactly when) I was pretty much told in the interview two agencies already want me. Ill eb honest I was quite surprised. They did show me the a list of packages, and told them I didn't that much cash atm so can't pay anything rn. The guy pretty much offered a discount. I tried to go through their website, to find th same list but it isn't there!? Quite confused.The small test n the website mentions,
AbbiElysa
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi I have an appointment tomorrow for my son, the agency is under a different name but the same address and I have been emailed that all. Is it the same one and Did you end up going?
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AbbiElysa)
Hi I have an appointment tomorrow for my son, the agency is under a different name but the same address and I have been emailed that all. Is it the same one and Did you end up going?
These outfits change their name frequently to avoid bad rep. Changing address is harder for obvious reasons.

Personally I would cancel now but otherwise just treat it with a very high degree of scepticsm.
jjoness4592
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
i think its a scam, when you’re in the building its very run down, the ‘studio’ where they take the photos is a wall with stands to give it some privacy, the only room that looks presentable is the room you enter after the photos which makes you oay an upfront payment of £250 for the pictures for your portfolio and another £250 for a ‘training course’ which i was told wasnt even necessary yet she originally said it was.
Amsot
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Hi. Did you get your pictures after the shoot?? Because I have a shoot with one on Thursday at 34 Chatley Street, *Manchester M3 1HX.Kindly respond
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
You may get some photos, but whether they will be worth what you pay is another matter. They will also likely push hard on upselling you on some studio package.

If you go, I’d approach it with a lot of caution.
Vi dawn
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi just scammed by them yesterday. I paid with revulot you think it still possible to chargeback?how?
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vi dawn)
Hi just scammed by them yesterday. I paid with revulot you think it still possible to chargeback?how?
It's possible but they will ask you to exhaust all options with the merchant, (IE. the photo studio), first:

https://www.revolut.com/help/making-...k-process-work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (33)
26.61%
As I expected (41)
33.06%
Harder (43)
34.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.65%

Watched Threads