ellieman1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, i am planning on taking one exam in Autumn and one in summer. on my UCAS application next year will it say that I did it in two different sittings? I am asking because Gavin said that we get to choose between mock, results day grade and Autumn exam grade so surely they wouldnt know if we took Autumn exams since we get to choose.
ellieman1
Rep:
?
bump
tragictimes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ellieman1)
Hi, i am planning on taking one exam in Autumn and one in summer. on my UCAS application next year will it say that I did it in two different sittings? I am asking because Gavin said that we get to choose between mock, results day grade and Autumn exam grade so surely they wouldnt know if we took Autumn exams since we get to choose.
Hi there! I am planning on doing the Summer resits and I know that they will be counted as resits not first sittings (I was told this by my School's Career's Advisor). But the Autumn ones count as first sittings. So yes technically they will be two different sittings as you would be resitting the Summer ones. Hope this helps! I think they will put achieved grades and predictions down on your UCAS form when you apply. It also depends on whether you submit your UCAS application in October or January as you will have already done the Autumn exams and potentially received the results prior to the January deadline but not the October one.
Last edited by tragictimes; 3 months ago
ellieman1
Rep:
?
(Original post by tragictimes)
Hi there! I am planning on doing the Summer resits and I know that they will be counted as resits not first sittings (I was told this by my School's Career's Advisor). But the Autumn ones count as first sittings. So yes technically they will be two different sittings as you would be resitting the Summer ones. Hope this helps!
Thank You
Will it be seen on my UCAS application that I did one subject in October? Because gavin said we can choose between october exams and results day grades? So I wanto to retake Maths in Autumn ad wait till december results day to apply but it wont show that I did that exam in October right, it will just show as as a regular grade like if i had got that on results day?
tragictimes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ellieman1)
Thank You
Will it be seen on my UCAS application that I did one subject in October? Because gavin said we can choose between october exams and results day grades? So I wanto to retake Maths in Autumn ad wait till december results day to apply but it wont show that I did that exam in October right, it will just show as as a regular grade like if i had got that on results day?
Yeah so if you send off your application for the Jan deadline, your grades will be your "actual results" so the Maths grade will be considered a regular grade. The grade for the subject that you sit in the Summer which will be an achieved grade and predicted grade. Double check with the Universities that you are applying to as well because they all have different policies and there is still a bit of uncertainty around the issue.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.59%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.73%

Watched Threads