Do you drink? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Toy Soldier
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kellywood_5)
I've never been drunk in my life and it doesn't look like fun at all. Where's the fun in getting so p***ed that you don't even know what you're doing and you end up being sick everywhere and waking up with a massive hangover?
I object to that. As I said I quite frequently get MASSIVELY drunk, but I haven't been sick from drinking for years. A couple of times in the first 6 months maybe, due to inexperience, but believe me it's possible to get very drunk, not be sick, and wake up without a hangover.

The "don't know what you're doing" is more or less true... but hey, that's half the fun! . People just take things too seriously... they do something stupid, remember the next day and feel embarrassed. I wake up the next day, remember doing something stupid and find it hilarious.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
I object to that. As I said I quite frequently get MASSIVELY drunk, but I haven't been sick from drinking for years. A couple of times in the first 6 months maybe, due to inexperience, but believe me it's possible to get very drunk, not be sick, and wake up without a hangover.

The "don't know what you're doing" is more or less true... but hey, that's half the fun! . People just take things too seriously... they do something stupid, remember the next day and feel embarrassed. I wake up the next day, remember doing something stupid and find it hilarious.
same hehe! i've only been sick twice woo hoo!
once was when i was 16 and downed a bottle of red wine
never again! :p:
I remember some things - but never all of it usually
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
once was when i was 16 and downed a bottle of red wine
never again! :p:
I remember some things - but never all of it usually
3 times for me. 16, the 2nd time I ever had a drink, I drank a full bottle of Jack Daniels and fell down a step landing on my head. I was almost definately concussed - after the fall I remember vague flashes of puking in a basin, then the next thing I remember is waking up on the floor wrapped in a curtain.

2nd time was... Absinthe. 70% alcohol, and it's halucinogenic. 'nuff said. I also got sort-of-mugged that night... had no money on me, the guy started hitting me in the face but I was so out of it that I just stood there going "woooo...". Eventually he just sort of... walked off.

3rd time someone made a fruit punch that I thought hardly had any alcohol in it, and started downing pints of it. I had about 15, and I ended up vomiting blood. Apparently there were 3 bottles of vodka and a bottle of archers in the bowl. Ahh well.

But really - how can people not drink? My life would seem empty without memories like waking up wrapped in a curtain covered in blood and sick, and quotes like "Hey get out of the bathroom!!" - "but... I'm... puking... blood!" - "I don't care I need a piss!"
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
3 times for me. 16, the 2nd time I ever had a drink, I drank a full bottle of Jack Daniels and fell down a step landing on my head. I was almost definately concussed - after the fall I remember vague flashes of puking in a basin, then the next thing I remember is waking up on the floor wrapped in a curtain.

2nd time was... Absinthe. 70% alcohol, and it's halucinogenic. 'nuff said. I also got sort-of-mugged that night... had no money on me, the guy started hitting me in the face but I was so out of it that I just stood there going "woooo...". Eventually he just sort of... walked off.

3rd time someone made a fruit punch that I thought hardly had any alcohol in it, and started downing pints of it. I had about 15, and I ended up vomiting blood. Apparently there were 3 bottles of vodka and a bottle of archers in the bowl. Ahh well.

But really - how can people not drink? My life would seem empty without memories like waking up wrapped in a curtain covered in blood and sick, and quotes like "Hey get out of the bathroom!!" - "but... I'm... puking... blood!" - "I don't care I need a piss!"
:eek: eeek! i've never been that bad. think that might put me off alcohol for a while! then again. maybe not. only had a shot of absinthe once. :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: was scary!
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Don't you feel like you're throwing your money away? I couldn't afford to get drunk frequently. Drinking messes me up too much anyway, last time I was drunk I attacked two people and tried to kill myself. It turns alot of people very nasty which is why I don't like people drinking. I very rarely see drunk people having fun, you only ever see them fighting or getting depressed. It's the biggest waste of time ever in my opinion.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
Don't you feel like you're throwing your money away? I couldn't afford to get drunk frequently. Drinking messes me up too much anyway, last time I was drunk I attacked two people and tried to kill myself. It turns alot of people very nasty which is why I don't like people drinking. I very rarely see drunk people having fun, you only ever see them fighting or getting depressed. It's the biggest waste of time ever in my opinion.
aww
I don't feel like i'm throwing my money away. I've never attacked anyone when i've been drunk - worst thing i've done is bang of my m8s ex bfs bedroom door pretty hard, and sworn my head off at him (he was in there with another girl) but i was just defending my friend.
I wouldn't do it if i didn't enjoy it. I can only remember one night when I was out drinking and didn't have fun. It does affect a lot of people badly, but I think the effect it has on me (and the people i go out with) is a good one I only know one person (my age) who gets depressed when she drinks
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

But you don't really have any memories though that's the point, If you hadn't been drunk you would've had loads more good memories from those evenings.
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
Well... last week we did a few calculations and worked out that I;ve spend about £8000 on alcohol over than last 3 years... I feel a bit strange reading that. But no, I've had a lot of good times, so how is it a waste? I guess it's different for differnt people. Me and my friends sing badly and laugh until we cry when we're drunk, but it's true that some people get angry or depressed. It's a mood amplifier - if you feel good when you start you'll feel great, if you feel down it'll ruin you. I've only ever gotten violent once, and that was on Absinthe. I was convinced that a demon was following me and I fell to the ground, started punching it and screaming obscenities until I dislocated my shoulder. But that's not alcohol - there's a REASON that real 'sinthe is illegal in Britian.
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
But you don't really have any memories though that's the point, If you hadn't been drunk you would've had loads more good memories from those evenings.
No... not if others are drinking. Don't get me wrong - I've had plenty of good times sober - but why can't I have both? It's fun in a different way. I also rarely lose my memory from drinking no matter how drunk I am. People are different that wa - I know people who never remember anything from when they;ve been drinking even if it's only a little.

In fact - I can probably remember more clearly things I've done drunk than sober.
Davie_Moyes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't drink every week, but I haven't gone more than 3 weeks without drinking for over 2 years. And when I do drink I drink to get properly drunk. To be honest, I don't see the point in drinking otherwise. If you don't want to get drunk then why drink any alcohol at all?
Aye I agree with you there. I never drink one pint of beer. I will only drink when I want to get drunk. Another thing I can't do is sit in the house with a carry out and drink on my own. Its not right.
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
I'm not straight edge, but I feel as if I'm the only person who doesn't go out and get pissed most weekends/evenings. I drink occasionally, but nothing about alcohol really...umm excites me...I don't like the taste of some, and have never been completely plastered. At parties, many people get really drunk, and I sit there and watch them do stupid things...Yay... :rolleyes: Personally, I just don't see the point...Ok, a few drinks yeah, but why get that drunk? Alcohol's also expensive too...
I'm like you actually, never got drunk and don't see much of a point... (and yes, my friends have told me inumerous reasons, O just don't think they're good enough...)
~pixie~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i only drink when the ocassion comes up like last night when i sent to my friend's christmas party. it was SO much fun and yeah we all got tipsy and there's always gonna be a couple of people who get completely trashed and throw up everywhere, but i'm not one of them - not a good impression, esp if you've just met some of those people for the first time...there's always smirnoff red/black ice, vodka, tequilla, wine, loads and looooooooooads of beers for the guys (and girls to resort to if there's nothing else left) and malibu, it's more spirits than wines. i'm definitely not someone who goes out every weekend just to get plastered but it helps me get in the mood for partying.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
I've been sick a few times - twice before uni: once, the very first time I got drunk, aged 16, when the boys spiked my drinks, so what I thought was bacardi breezer was actually archers mixed with pepper, salt and other random ming; the 2nd on my 18th when I was fed red and white wine all through dinner and then a minging blue pint cocktail.

I was sick a couple of times in my first term at uni, usually due to excessive wine, which I'd never drunk in vast amounts before, or from mixing drinks, and once just before May Week, which was the stupidest of the lot. But really not that many times.

I'm lucky that I usually remember most things, even if they're a bit jumbled or blurry. Unfortunately I don't always remember why I did things after the event! But I actually like some drinks, and it's a fun feeling.

However, bear in mind that I'm now 20 - when I was 15 I'd never ever been drunk and thought it was all stupid, despite the fact my friends were doing it every weekend. Things change
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
what I thought was bacardi breezer was actually archers mixed with pepper, salt and other random ming
LOL, that reminds me of the time a guy at our school thought he was getting stoned, but was actually smoking dirt. He was wandering about like "yeah man... yeah dude... I'm so stoned" while everyone laughed at him.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How much/often do you drink?

at least a few times a week, on a night out usually 1 bottle of(cheap) wine, a few beers and a few vodka red bulls

Do you have a favourite drink?

usually carlsberg but to get pissed vodka red bull is cool

Where do you drink?

when im in uni at my mates flat, at the union, at various clubs

Who do you drink with?

my mates
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
LOL, that reminds me of the time a guy at our school thought he was getting stoned, but was actually smoking dirt. He was wandering about like "yeah man... yeah dude... I'm so stoned" while everyone laughed at him.
Lmao!
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well... last week we did a few calculations and worked out that I;ve spend about £8000 on alcohol over than last 3 years... I feel a bit strange reading that. But no, I've had a lot of good times, so how is it a waste? I guess it's different for differnt people. Me and my friends sing badly and laugh until we cry when we're drunk, but it's true that some people get angry or depressed. It's a mood amplifier - if you feel good when you start you'll feel great, if you feel down it'll ruin you. I've only ever gotten violent once, and that was on Absinthe. I was convinced that a demon was following me and I fell to the ground, started punching it and screaming obscenities until I dislocated my shoulder. But that's not alcohol - there's a REASON that real 'sinthe is illegal in Britian.
Absinthe does make you violent, i always notice that. I trashed my room once when I was only tipsy on it! You don't feel drunk on it the same as you do with other alcohol, it's a very odd feeling. I've never managed to get really drunk on it though, i tend to drink it b4 i go out if ive decided to drink that night because it's quite a cheap way of starting a night.
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
Lmao!
Placebo-ing people is hilarious. Like you make a non-alcoholic punch, wait for someone to drink quite a lot then say "OH MY GOD! How much of that have you had?? It's full of vodka!" and after a while they'll start acting drunk.
HaggenDaZ
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by andrew2022)
i dont drink. went out friday nite tho with 40 ppl from work nd by 9 i was the only 1 not pissed
ditto but it was a tuesday

I prefer to drink with family and friends over
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
Absinthe does make you violent, i always notice that. I trashed my room once when I was only tipsy on it! You don't feel drunk on it the same as you do with other alcohol, it's a very odd feeling. I've never managed to get really drunk on it though, i tend to drink it b4 i go out if ive decided to drink that night because it's quite a cheap way of starting a night.
Real 70% absinthe contains a plant extract... "wormwood" I think it's called... anyway - it's a halucinogenic, the effect is nothing like being drunk, it's more like tweaking on drugs. The stuff you can buy in the UK is only 50 - 60% alcohol, and doesn't have any wormwood in it. The best places to buy it are Spain and the Czech Republic, or so I'm told by my mate who gets it for us (he's a gymnast and does competitions all over Europe / Russia)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1364)
79.72%
Leave (347)
20.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise