The Student Room Group

PGCE schools direct

Hi, I've got a Schools Direct place doing PGCE with the uni of Bedfordshire starting in September 2020. I'm worried about the workload & stress. I've got ADHD so terrible at planning and organisation. I'm a mature student (52!) and have 3 teenage kids. Seeking advice on how to manage please.
Original post by adecambridge
Hi, I've got a Schools Direct place doing PGCE with the uni of Bedfordshire starting in September 2020. I'm worried about the workload & stress. I've got ADHD so terrible at planning and organisation. I'm a mature student (52!) and have 3 teenage kids. Seeking advice on how to manage please.

Hiya, sorry that nobody replied to this sooner.
I think everyone has their areas of strength and weakness going into this - I'm also starting a PGCE this year and I'm usually pretty crap at being organised.
For the first time I'm trying to keep a diary which is essentially functioning as a book of daily to-do lists at the moment.
This is definitely something to talk to your university personal tutor (or equivalent at Beds.) as a big challenge for you, and they might be able to help advise. :colondollar:
There's also the teacher training chat thread on TSR which might be able to provide a bit of community support. :hugs:

MR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending