The Student Room Group

student finance

I applied to student finance for a university course, but now after results day I have gotten addmission into a different university. I updated my course on the finance website but it says it will take 6 weeks to process. My course is due to start in under 6 weeks so what will happen now?

(Also, I am currently opening a student bank account now so I havent given my bank details to SFE yet.)
Reply 1
Student Finance

I applied to student finance for a university course, but now after results day I have gotten addmission into a different university. I updated my course on the finance website but it says it will take 6 weeks to process. My course is due to start in under 6 weeks so what will happen now?

(Also, I am currently opening a student bank account now so I havent given my bank details to SFE yet.)
Original post by Ru619a
Student Finance

Why exactly is this life threatening?

You'll need to wait and see whether your finance can be changed before the start of your course. If not then do you have any savings that you can use to set up a student bank account and unlock an overdraft to help tide you over?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Why exactly is this life threatening?

You'll need to wait and see whether your finance can be changed before the start of your course. If not then do you have any savings that you can use to set up a student bank account and unlock an overdraft to help tide you over?

I should have a bank account open by the end of August which I will send to student finance.

But I just changed my application so what would I have to do if it is isnt approved before my course starting?

I have taken a tuition loan as well as a maintenance loan (which I ideally need ASAP). Would the tuition loan be a problem if SFE cant pay it when my course starts?
Original post by Ru619a
I should have a bank account open by the end of August which I will send to student finance.

But I just changed my application so what would I have to do if it is isnt approved before my course starting?

I have taken a tuition loan as well as a maintenance loan (which I ideally need ASAP). Would the tuition loan be a problem if SFE cant pay it when my course starts?

Changing bank details is very quick - only takes about a week or so.

If you can show your university that you've applied for your tuition fee loan then they should be fine to wait until it is approved.
Reply 5
LIFE THREATENING
Immediately after- Student Finance :rolleyes:

You only posted one other thread about this, of which you bumped 5 times within half an hour :lol: Be patient, someone will get around to helping.
Original post by Ru619a

Wait I’ve just had this issue but didn’t think about opening a student bank account meaning it will all go into my main bank account? Will this be a problem for me? This whole thing is so confusing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending