The Student Room Group

Cifas dsar

Hi
I wanted to know when filling in a cifas how important is the “years at address” tab? I filled this is in incorrectly now that I think back to it, so I wanted to know if this would affect the application. And how does cifas even know my years at address when I never have it.
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Adi_help
Hi
I wanted to know when filling in a cifas how important is the “years at address” tab? I filled this is in incorrectly now that I think back to it, so I wanted to know if this would affect the application. And how does cifas even know my years at address when I never have it.
Thanks

I assume that it's (a) part of the identitity check, and (b) so that they can marry up their records -- i.e. to know that John Frederick Smith with date of birth 1/2/99 of address A is the same person as John Frederick Smith with date of birth 1/2/99 of address B.

The address changes will have been recorded at the Credit Reference Agencies by banks and other lenders when you submit change-of-address requests.
Reply 2
The cifas application asks of complete years at address, if I moved houses on 9th August 2012 and moved from there on 2nd August 2014 does that count as 2 years or 1 year ??
Reply 3
The cifas application asks of complete years at address, if I moved houses on 9th August 2012 and moved from there on 2nd August 2014 does that count as 2 years or 1 year ??

9/8/2012 - 2/8/2014 is less than two years (albeit only by a few days) so that counts as 1 year.
Hi
Thanks

I imagine as long as they identify you and it isnt wildly out plus they have enough information for the period investigated they will be fine.
Reply 5
Original post by martin7
I assume that it's (a) part of the identitity check, and (b) so that they can marry up their records -- i.e. to know that John Frederick Smith with date of birth 1/2/99 of address A is the same person as John Frederick Smith with date of birth 1/2/99 of address B.

The address changes will have been recorded at the Credit Reference Agencies by banks and other lenders when you submit change-of-address requests.

But they did a credit check and it was fine, also I provided my addresses for the last 6 years, which were verified through a credit check, so just because of incorrect years at address they won’t give me the information??
Also I did get a reply saying there is no Cifas data on our systems registered in your name and date of birth at the address(es) you supplied.” Surely if I gave wrong info they would say “incorrect information given” or something ???
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending