Buckingham University or London Metropolitan University

Watch
KGG009
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I am thinking of going to Buckingham University or London Metropolitan University in Jan, please can I get some opinions of these universities. Can also get your experience if anyone has any! I'm hoping to take accounting and finance.

Also whoever has done the fast track Accounting and Finance in Buckingham can I please get your experience and how you managed the workload and if it was bearable.

Thank you!
Jack A Pacheco
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey there. I recently just graduated from London Met in International Relations, so i’ve had the full 3 year experience. Other than the fact I enjoyed my degree there and made some wonderful connections, what I can say the most is how helpful the university is with regards to being understanding about the struggles of student life, and that is reflected in the plethora of services they offer to advantage students. I also worked as a Student Ambassador, so I witnessed first hand the work that goes into the effort of helping not only current students, but also prospective students.

The Holloway Campus (where Accounting and Finance takes place I think), isn’t the most trendy looking place but the major positive about it is how close it is to everything, with a very spacious library and a free uni gym just next to it along with great bars and eateries also nearby. It’s very hard to feel suffocated by the atmosphere as it’s all so easy going most the time, but there’s also a nice little community feel amongst those of us who attend. The vast diversity just foments that feeling. There’s things I wished I had done differently in my 3 years, but I really don’t regret having chosen London Met as my university overall. Let me know if you have any other questions and i’ll be glad to try my best to answer!
KGG009
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Jack A Pacheco)
Hey there. I recently just graduated from London Met in International Relations, so i’ve had the full 3 year experience. Other than the fact I enjoyed my degree there and made some wonderful connections, what I can say the most is how helpful the university is with regards to being understanding about the struggles of student life, and that is reflected in the plethora of services they offer to advantage students. I also worked as a Student Ambassador, so I witnessed first hand the work that goes into the effort of helping not only current students, but also prospective students.

The Holloway Campus (where Accounting and Finance takes place I think), isn’t the most trendy looking place but the major positive about it is how close it is to everything, with a very spacious library and a free uni gym just next to it along with great bars and eateries also nearby. It’s very hard to feel suffocated by the atmosphere as it’s all so easy going most the time, but there’s also a nice little community feel amongst those of us who attend. The vast diversity just foments that feeling. There’s things I wished I had done differently in my 3 years, but I really don’t regret having chosen London Met as my university overall. Let me know if you have any other questions and i’ll be glad to try my best to answer!
THANK YOU SOO MUCH! Your reply is appreciated and extremely helpful!! Thank you!
Jack A Pacheco
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by KGG009)
THANK YOU SOO MUCH! Your reply is appreciated and extremely helpful!! Thank you!
No worries! Very glad I could help. Hope you’re happy with your decision.
f.ga010301
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KGG009)
Hi, I am thinking of going to Buckingham University or London Metropolitan University in Jan, please can I get some opinions of these universities. Can also get your experience if anyone has any! I'm hoping to take accounting and finance.

Also whoever has done the fast track Accounting and Finance in Buckingham can I please get your experience and how you managed the workload and if it was bearable.

Thank you!
Hi, I am a student at London met uni and just thought id share some of my experiences at the uni and info about the course.

The accounting and finance course at London met received a 93% overall student satisfaction score in the National Student Survey 2020, which makes London met uni second in London for accounting and finance. the course is accredited with a high level of professional exemptions from the accounting bodies ACCA, ICAEW, CIPFA, AIA, and IFA, and on completion of the course, you’ll receive full exemption from all of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)’s fundamental exam papers. the entry requirements are a minimum of grades CCC in three A levels (or a minimum of 96 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC National, OCR Diploma or Advanced Diploma) and English Language and Mathematics GCSEs at grade C/grade 4 or above (or equivalent). if however, for any reason you do not meet these requirements or don't hold traditional qualifications you may still be able to gain entry by completing the Accounting and Finance (including foundation year) BA (Hons) degree.

London met has a great community feel and everyone is so friendly which is exactly what you need when studying for a degree. lecturers are really hands-on and constantly checking up with you to see your progress and always willing to help. I hope this reassures you! if you have any questions please feel free to ask!!!
MamaJama90
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jack A Pacheco)

Hi, I am coming in February. Are the gym open for use for the students at this moment?
Jack A Pacheco
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MamaJama90)
Hi, I am coming in February. Are the gym open for use for the students at this moment?
Hey there,

The free gym has been closed closed for Term 1, but they hope to reopen in Term 2. In the meantime i‘ve read that they have been providing various online fitness classes for people interested - there’s some more info here https://www.londonmet.ac.uk/about/sp...nd-membership/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (431)
56.41%
I don't have everything I need (333)
43.59%

Watched Threads