The Student Room Group
Reply 1
nottingham
it's meant to be amazing for maths and is a really great university
i have a few friends doing maths there and they love it

although manchester is an amazing city too, i dont know much about maths there
Reply 2
manchester. because its the best place ever created.
Reply 3
I know someone going to Birmingham to do maths this year, you can get in with less than AAA so it'd be a good choice if your other ones are high entry requirements, as a sort of insurance
If you are going to get AAA inc Further Mathematics then there is a scholarship at the University of Manchester offered to mathematics students of £1125 I think. If you get AAA inc. Further Maths and apply for a maths course.
Your opening post suggests all your choices are AAA+?
Reply 6
Well the standard offers are:

Birmingham -ABB
Nottingham - AAB
Manchester - ABB
Leeds - AAB
Kings - ABB

I presume this is your "just in case" choice. In which case Birmingham is the best choice. They give out a low offer and have the highest national ranking (for math compared to the other 4).
Reply 7
Just to make it clearer, the other 4 Unis are Oxford, Imperial, UCL and LSE (BMS)
I'd go for Nottingham or Manchester. Have you considered Warwick at all?
Reply 9
No, I'm an orthodox Jew so one of the key requirements of a university is a reasonable Jewish community, of which Warwick is unfortunately unable to provide.
Reply 10
bt_1000
I need a 5th choice for maths at university. Which would you chose from:

Birmingham
Nottingham
Manchester
Leeds
Kings

Predicted AAA including Further Maths.

Thanks

Imperial is good for maths.
Reply 11
I would say Birmingham or King's. The reason being this would be more of an insurance choice. Seeing as all your other choices so far (except for Oxford) are in London, maybe opt for King's?
Reply 12
Imperial is my 2nd choice, behind oxford
Reply 13
I'm going to Birmingham this year, and it after registration ect it 'appears' (after reading module descriptions) that it has a solid maths course, one of the things i was initially worried about.

Latest