The Student Room Group

Teacher given GCSE grades??

how you lot feel about the decision to use teacher given grades instead of grades from the algorithm??

i must say im very happy

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/aug/17/a-levels-gcse-results-england-based-teacher-assessments-government-u-turn
I’ve finished this year as a year 10 and am getting 2 grades on thurs: English Lit and Statistics, I am pretty happy even with the couple of grades I will hopefully get based on teacher’s predictions.

I assume that the OP is in year 11 so I wish you and anyone else getting grades Thursday the best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by mel1morley
I’ve finished this year as a year 10 and am getting 2 grades on thurs: English Lit and Statistics, I am pretty happy even with the couple of grades I will hopefully get based on teacher’s predictions.

I assume that the OP is in year 11 so I wish you and anyone else getting grades Thursday the best of luck!

thank youuuu, and yes good luck to you as well. what do you think you will be getting?
Original post by fattyguen
thank youuuu, and yes good luck to you as well. what do you think you will be getting?

Thinking optimistically, I’d say an 8 in both subjects but I wouldn’t be too disappointed with a 7, and would probably look to retake English lit with anything less. What about you?
Reply 4
atleast i wont have to resit now :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by itscadie
atleast i wont have to resit now :tongue:

big relief i must say
Reply 6
Thinking optimistically, I’d say an 8 in both subjects but I wouldn’t be too disappointed with a 7, and would probably look to retake English lit with anything less. What about you?

thats great you know.

im looking to get all 8s but im fine with receiving 7s and 6s since it wont affect my placement in the 6th form

anyways good luck for year 11 next year. heard its gonna be quiteeee different
thats great you know.

im looking to get all 8s but im fine with receiving 7s and 6s since it wont affect my placement in the 6th form

anyways good luck for year 11 next year. heard its gonna be quiteeee different

Year 11 here(2021 gcse gang) goodluck for your results day! I'm getting results for English lit since we take that gcse early.

Honestly I'm scared for Year 11 since we've missed so much of school
Original post by Anonymous69420
Year 11 here(2021 gcse gang) goodluck for your results day! I'm getting results for English lit since we take that gcse early.

Do you reckon they’ll adjust the specification in subjects anymore for our year to make up for the time lost or do you think we’ll just have to learn all of the content as usual (with the exception of what they’ve already announced)?
Reply 9

understandable, i heard you guys wont be doing any poetry for english tho if you do english lit in yr 11, i think alot of the course for the subjects will be cut short aswell
Ecstatic. I've worked my a*** off for four years through health issues and a stressful special school to get to where I am now, and about an hour after the U turn was announced it finally hit me, that all that feeling like a human dumpster fire wasn't for nothing. Still a bit scared as I don't actually know what my CAGs are (my predictions were very good though) but they'll be a damn sight better than whatever a computer could pluck out of thin air!

Edit- am a GCSE student.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 11
Do you reckon they’ll adjust the specification in subjects anymore for our year to make up for the time lost or do you think we’ll just have to learn all of the content as usual (with the exception of what they’ve already announced)?

yeh thats what i would think, i think they have mentioned something like this before about cutting short the spec
Reply 12
Original post by AcetylCoA
Ecstatic. I've worked my a*** off for four years through health issues and a stressful special school to get to where I am now, and about an hour after the U turn was announced it finally hit me all that feeling like a human dumpster fire wasn't for nothing. Still a bit scared as I don't actually know what my CAGs are (my predictions were very good though) but they'll be a damn sight better than whatever a computer could pluck out of thin air!

Edit- am a GCSE student

100000% agree, i may not have done the best in my mocks but in my lessons and other tests and exams, i did show my abilities and to think they wouldnt care about that really annoyed me. im veryyyy happy

Unless there's a second wave(which I heard is likely, where I'm from the cases are rising though I doubt there'll be another national lockdown because of public outrage)

There will probably be some changes for Yr13s taking a levels 2021 since very little was done for them.

Im still extremely stressed since I'm months behind and I'm trying to get on top of it all as well with dealing health issues (mental and physical)
Reply 14
Unless there's a second wave(which I heard is likely, where I'm from the cases are rising though I doubt there'll be another national lockdown because of public outrage)

There will probably be some changes for Yr13s taking a levels 2021 since very little was done for them.

Im still extremely stressed since I'm months behind and I'm trying to get on top of it all as well with dealing health issues (mental and physical)

yeh i understand, honestly for me this year was hard i got diagnosed with two different mental disorders and life wasnt great. i think for me its a blessing i didnt do the exams since i wlda stressed sooo much
yeh i understand, honestly for me this year was hard i got diagnosed with two different mental disorders and life wasnt great. i think for me its a blessing i didnt do the exams since i wlda stressed sooo much

I feel like with the whole grading system for 2020 peeps though we'll never be able to know what they could've gotten if corona didn't hit- the process could've at least been less stressful then how the govt made it

Quick Reply

Latest