justdepressed
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi, I've applied and been accepted into both LAET & LAES, but I'm not quite sure which to attend.
Can anyone going to either explain life there and how it all felt for them:

Q) What was the dress code like, specifically, because at this point in my life 'smart casual' doesn't really mean much? ... and I don't want to be the only person looking a bit off lmao
Q) Are laptops allowed in lessons-to take notes/can u record some lessons like uni to listen back later if it's lecture-like?
Q) Are there music practice rooms and instruments/mics available to students?

Thank you so much I really appreciate anyone taking the time to help me out. Really appreciated
thedentchlox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi. Regarding LAES
1. The dress code depends if you are a girl or a boy tbf. The boys just wear suits and you can wear a jumper on top of your shirt if you want. The girls just have to wear smart wear, coords (skirt and blazer/trousers and blazer), blouses, any colour skirt, blazer (a must) or trouser.
2. You are allowed to use laptops with certain teachers just ask.
3. Yes

If you have any more Qs- feel free to PM
tulinb3
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thank you so much! I'm a girl and this is so informative. I needed some more on LAET toonow though because they're website isn't as detailed.
Thanks
romayssa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by thedentchlox)
Hi. Regarding LAES
1. The dress code depends if you are a girl or a boy tbf. The boys just wear suits and you can wear a jumper on top of your shirt if you want. The girls just have to wear smart wear, coords (skirt and blazer/trousers and blazer), blouses, any colour skirt, blazer (a must) or trouser.
2. You are allowed to use laptops with certain teachers just ask.
3. Yes

If you have any more Qs- feel free to PM
can the blouses/blazers/skirt/trousers allowed to have different prints like neutral plaid colour and can you wear any coloured coat?
romayssa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by justdepressed)
Hi, I've applied and been accepted into both LAET & LAES, but I'm not quite sure which to attend.
Can anyone going to either explain life there and how it all felt for them:

Q) What was the dress code like, specifically, because at this point in my life 'smart casual' doesn't really mean much? ... and I don't want to be the only person looking a bit off lmao
Q) Are laptops allowed in lessons-to take notes/can u record some lessons like uni to listen back later if it's lecture-like?
Q) Are there music practice rooms and instruments/mics available to students?

Thank you so much I really appreciate anyone taking the time to help me out. Really appreciated
oh and can girls wear jumpers or turtle necks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (172)
41.85%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (61)
14.84%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (170)
41.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.95%

Watched Threads