What account for working Postgrad

Watch this thread
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm going to start a postgraduate course, I've also secured a part time contract, I should be earning around 200 pounds a week, maybe more.

What bank would you suggest? Aside from obvious things, I'd like it to be tolerably trouble-free and easy to get things done with them.

Also, what documents would they require from me? I'd like to set it up already, but I'm moving in at 19th September, and the job contract will have been signed at 21st, so aside from a few letters and documents from employer, uni, and accomodation I have nothing but my ID documents.
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PTMalewski)
I'm going to start a postgraduate course, I've also secured a part time contract, I should be earning around 200 pounds a week, maybe more.

What bank would you suggest? Aside from obvious things, I'd like it to be tolerably trouble-free and easy to get things done with them.

Also, what documents would they require from me? I'd like to set it up already, but I'm moving in at 19th September, and the job contract will have been signed at 21st, so aside from a few letters and documents from employer, uni, and accomodation I have nothing but my ID documents.
As an unternational you will just get a basic account with no perks because you arent here long enough. Most bank accounts that have perks privide an overdraft and freebies but they are for freshers.

Theres a list here along with some charges for fees in and out. It might eb for money transfers theres a better option.
be warned these days international accounts are not free, so check any monthly fee and lost of accounts no longer offer interest because the rates are so low.

I would say its essential to have access to a debit card, which is just tap and go ro an app on your phone.
They should have online banking.
Some people prefer a branch network.
https://www.savethestudent.org/inter...counts-uk.html
Heres an article HSBC and Santarander are pretty big and would help if there are branches in Poland near you? As much as you get someone who has good things to sya about oen bank you find someone else has a bad experience. The one with the ebst custiomer service is first direct but you dont earn enough. Well done for securing a job before getting here.

As for documents, then one ID such as passport or identity card.
Probably two for address, bills, tenancy agreement letter from council or uni.
It will say on the opening account details.

Unizest will let you open an accouint and give a debit card before you get here.
Normal branches take about 2 weeks.

https://www.savethestudent.org/inter...counts-uk.html
http://www.unizest.co.uk/en-gb/

I note zests rating has slipped to 3.5....

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ba...bank-accounts/
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Well, all I need really is some place where Student Finance and my employer can send money to.
Although after paying for accomodation and all the tickets I'll probably have zero money left, so it would be nice if they could give me a little debit so I could buy some food before my first wages arrives.
mariasmitluv
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Apartments at The Julia at Saint Charles are equipped with Patio/Balcony, Microwave and Large Closets and have rental rates ranging from $1,745 to $5,377. This apartment community also offers amenities such as Recreation Room, Recycling and Public Transportation and is located on 730 Julia Street in the 70130 zip code. Browse through 1 Bedroom Apts or 2 Bedroom Apts with floorplans ranging from 583 Sq.Ft. to 1,340 Sq.Ft., choose your next home in the Julia at Saint Charles community and apply for a lease online! The Audubon Capital Partners property management company will verify your lease application and send you a timely response. Once you become a resident of The Julia at Saint Charles, you will be able to pay your rent online, submit maintenance requests, and get community news by logging in securely to your Resident Portal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (86)
19.28%
The paper was reasonable (170)
38.12%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
26.68%
It was TERRIBLE (71)
15.92%

Watched Threads