Michaelcaine993
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hello i have accepted Mpharm at UCLAN as my firm and would like to meet people who will be attending, i also have not sorted my accommodation yet and would love to hear some advice if i would be better to go for halls or my own private rented house as i am 23 and feel i may be to old for the halls :eek: any advice would be great
thankyou
UCLan Student
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Michaelcaine993)
hello i have accepted Mpharm at UCLAN as my firm and would like to meet people who will be attending, i also have not sorted my accommodation yet and would love to hear some advice if i would be better to go for halls or my own private rented house as i am 23 and feel i may be to old for the halls :eek: any advice would be great
thankyou
Hi Michaelcaine993 I graduated from my UCLan undergraduate degree in July 2019. I moved to Preston in 2016 and lived in Roeburn hall accommodation on the university campus. I lived in a flat of 5 and I was 22 when I moved in. All my flatmates were 22 or 23 which really helped me settle in quickly

If you have any concerns or want some advice on applying, please contact our friendly accommodation team here: [email protected]

Here is a list of all our Preston campus accommodation options: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/accommodation/

You may also like to join our closed Facebook group for students who are returning to study. Around 2/3 of our students are over 21 when they start their degree, so you definitely won't be alone! Join here

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Best wishes,
Beth
Praveen Bunny
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Choosing accommodation is totally depends on individual preferences. People who does Masters and PHDs also can stay in halls. You must have aware the living cost in Uni Halls and private accommodation. To compare both, private accommodation cheaper than halls. On other hand if you stay in halls would be surrounded students and having with some more benefits too.At the final its changes person to person. For me I wanted to stay in private accommodation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads