Panickingdiscos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
My uni is offering a discount on language courses as I’m going to be a full-time student. I already have an a-level in French and have 10 other language options for the course…so, if you were me, would you choose French or choose something different?
chloenix
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Well it depends! If you love the language and the culture and you're passionate to learn more then I think it is self explanatory to pick French, especially if you have some prior knowledge about it.
However, as a linguist you should be able to adapt to other languages quite easily so if you are drawn towards another language then I'd say there's no harm in picking it! You should do some research into the course for each language, what you'll be studying. Also look at the culture of the country and listen to people speaking it. I think that will help you decide.
Finally, what do you want to do with your degree? If you want to live in France and work there then it's obvious that you should study the language but if not then you don't have to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (74)
28.14%
England (91)
34.6%
Belgium (20)
7.6%
Germany (33)
12.55%
Spain (3)
1.14%