Glasgow to Edinburgh travel advice

Watch this thread
Rachbuka
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,

Has anyone been traveling to uni between Glasgow and Edinburgh?

I live in Glasgow and I’m going to Edinburgh Napier uni this September. What’s the best way to travel? Any tips ?

I drive but I don’t mind taking public transport.

Thanks
Tracey1995
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi

Best way is train to Haymarket station, then tram from there to Bankhead stop and you are few minutes walk up to Napier to bankhead entrance.
Alternative is bus stop from Haymarket station on Darly Road ( just round corner ) and get either number 3 or 25 bus from there to stop opposite side of Calder road entrance and you just go through the underpass to Napier.

You maybe cheaper going by bus from Glasgow Buchanan street bus station and get of at Haymarket station and then take either tram or bus out to Napier sighthill campus.
Because you will need to travel in middle of peak time to get to Napier for say about 8.30/9am start depending on obviously what course you doing and when you needing to be there for, and if you don't catch train prior to 4.15pm you got again peak time to think a bout as otherwise its 6.30pm onwards for off peak.

I'm presuming you are going to sighthill campus and not the others at craiglockhart or merchiston.

I am from Glasgow myself and when I go home then I take bus normally as cheaper by half and I then walk down to Buchanan street subway station and take that few stops to where I get of.

Hope this is helpful to you ok,
Last edited by Tracey1995; 1 year ago
Rachbuka
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks , that’s very helpful.

Yes I will be going to Sighthill campus and studying mental health nursing.

What are your monthly travel costs , if you don’t mind me asking? Have you been able to receive any financial help with travel costs ?
I’ve got friends studying at Stirling uni and the uni helps them financially with their travel costs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (86)
67.19%
No (29)
22.66%
I didn't use it to prepare (13)
10.16%

Watched Threads