Are 3A*s, 1A, 1B in A levels good enough for Oxbridge?

Watch
MHA2001
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I received my results a few days ago and was absolutely amazed at how I got a B.

I had 2A*s, 7As, 1B in my IGCSEs and 3A*s, 1A, 1B in my A levels. Is there any possibility of me securing a place at either Cambridge or Oxford for Law? Becoming a barrister has always been one of my dreams and I would love to have it come true.

Also, is there a possibility of securing some sort of scholarship or financial aid for either Cambridge or Oxford? I'm an international student so the costs are astronomical when converted into my local currency.

I would sincerely appreciate some advice regarding my situation.

Good day!
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yes for Cambridge, just based on your gcses (I need more information for it but I assume you are a yr 11 so no a level predictions). You would probably have a less chance in Oxford, due to the competition and strictness in gcses. Check their scholarships on their website
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by MHA2001)
I received my results a few days ago and was absolutely amazed at how I got a B.

I had 2A*s, 7As, 1B in my IGCSEs and 3A*s, 1A, 1B in my A levels. Is there any possibility of me securing a place at either Cambridge or Oxford for Law? Becoming a barrister has always been one of my dreams and I would love to have it come true.

Also, is there a possibility of securing some sort of scholarship or financial aid for either Cambridge or Oxford? I'm an international student so the costs are astronomical when converted into my local currency.

I would sincerely appreciate some advice regarding my situation.

Good day!
You would need to check the uni websites about bursaries etc and you can also find breakdowns of what previous offer holders achieved at A level and GCSE. @OxfordMum have you got a chapter on this?
1st superstar
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Scotney)
You would need to check the uni websites about bursaries etc and you can also find breakdowns of what previous offer holders achieved at A level and GCSE. @OxfordMum have you got a chapter on this?
Think you mean Oxford Mum
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (23)
26.14%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (9)
10.23%
No I am happy with my choice (50)
56.82%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.82%

Watched Threads