Lucifer323
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
There are two groups of people who vote for the Tories:

1st Group: The Wealthy and the Rich

2nd Group: The Naive and the Stupid...

You really have to be very Naive or very stupid, or both, to vote for the Tories if you don't belong to the 1st Group!!!

The British Electorate is not very famous for its intelligence and intellectual abilities. So we had the Tories for the last 10 years together with a Brexit Vote, which was very popular among right wing voters..

I propose a system where not everyone will be given the vote but has to qualify his/her vote with an IQ Test. Those who score over 120 will be eligible to vote for all elections.

The 120 barrier makes sure that the vast majority of the the Tory Voters are eliminated instantly and they don't bother society and us anymore. This barrier will also exclude labour voters and voters of other parties, but here the benefits are enormous and far outweigh the risks if you think that the vast majority of Tory voters will be unable to vote...

Instead what most have to do on the day of elections is what they do in any regular day of the week or in the weekend. Stay in the local pub, read your SUN or the Daily Mail, and enjoy a nice and refreshing pint of lager... You don't have the right to vote as you didn't pass the IQ Test. But don't worry, be happy, and who cares!!! As long as you have the SUN and the Mail to read, and your nice pint of beer, everything should be fine...
Last edited by Lucifer323; 4 weeks ago
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Contributions please... Especially if you hate the Tories.

But we also want to hear from Tory voters..
Myaniad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just a thread started by a 'Grrr Tories ate my hamster' type.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Irony of ironies in this post..
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)

You really have to be very Naive or very stupid, or both, to vote for the Tories if you don't belong to the 1st Group!!!

The British Electorate is not very famous for its intelligence and intellectual abilities. So we had the Tories for the last 10 years together with a Brexit Vote, which was very popular among right wing voters..

I propose a system where not everyone will be given the vote but has to qualify his/her vote with an IQ Test. Those who score over 120 will be eligible to vote for all elections.

The 120 barrier makes sure that the vast majority of the the Tory Voters are eliminated instantly and they don't bother society and us anymore. This barrier will also exclude labour voters and voters of other parties, but here the benefits are enormous and far outweigh the risks if you think that the vast majority of Tory voters will be unable to vote...

Instead what most have to do on the day of elections is what they do in any regular day of the week or in the weekend. Stay in the local pub, read your SUN or the Daily Mail, and enjoy a nice and refreshing pint of lager... You don't have the right to vote as you didn't pass the IQ Test. But don't worry, be happy, and who cares!!! As long as you have the SUN and the Mail to read, and your nice pint of beer, everything should be fine...
The irony of the OP is tremendous
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

I think this is a bit disingenuous. I am no lover of the Tories but the Tory party we see today is not the one we voted for. What we are seeing are humans trying to solve a problem that is ultimately too big to be solved. Yes, the current education crisis could have been predicted but there we go.
Would Corbyn have been any better? I doubt it.

Everyone is ignorant going into an election. Picking a leader is like choosing a school. You go to the open day and have smoke blown up your arse but what you see bears no resemblance to what you will get.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Irony of ironies in this post..
Hello Mr Napp,

Please enlight us in relation to the Tories. I think you are an expert in Tories and their wonferful ideology...
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
(Original post by paul514)
The irony of the OP is tremendous
I don't see where the Irony is...
Don't you agree that if you are not wealthy and you vote for the Tories then you must be naive or stupid?
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello Mr Napp,

Please enlight us in relation to the Tories. I think you are an expert in Tories and their wonferful ideology...
As much as i would LOVE to indulge a jackbooted corybinite as to the political variations of the tory party i think i'll pass. Given i am, shock horror, now a tory :rolleyes:. The problem with assuming things is it makes an ass out of you.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
I think this is a bit disingenuous. I am no lover of the Tories but the Tory party we see today is not the one we voted for. What we are seeing are humans trying to solve a problem that is ultimately too big to be solved. Yes, the current education crisis could have been predicted but there we go.

Everyone is ignorant going into an election. Picking a leader is like choosing a school. You go to the open day and have smoke blown up your arse but what you see bears no resemblance to what you will get.
I didn't make any comments in relation to the educational crisis. Altough this is an issue where the Government didn't act in my opinion unreasonably..

What I mean is that if you let the School grade its students then you could see inflated marks.

Exams and continuous assessments are the best ways to assess a student. But it couldn't happen in May-June. They could have postponed the exans for August. I can't see any problem with that.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
As much as i would LOVE to indulge a jackbooted corybinite as to the political variations of the tory party i think i'll pass. Given i am, shock horror, now a tory :rolleyes:. The problem with assuming things is it makes an ass out of you.
Are you calling me a Corbynite Mr Napp?

Nowhere close!!!
I am just an Anti-Tory person...

I don't mind people vote for all parties apart from the Tories...

On the day of the election the best thing to do for most of the Tories is to stay in their local pubs, read the Mail, and drink their beer... Is so much easier for all of us!
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you calling me a Corbynite Mr Napp?

Nowhere close!!!
I am just an Anti-Tory person...

I don't mind people vote for all parties apart from the Tories...

On the day of the election the best thing to do for most of the day the Tories is to stay in their local pubs, read the Mail, and drink their beer... Is so much easier for all of us!
Yes, i literally spelled it out for you there.
I.e. Labour given that is the only other party that can ever be in power. Although, indulge me, what party do you support that represents your views and incredible anti torism?
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Yes, i literally spelled it out for you there.
I.e. Labour given that is the only other party that can ever be in power. Although, indulge me, what party do you support that represents your views and incredible anti torism?
I am not a Corbynite at all...

I am just anti-tory due to the stupidity and idiocy that is usually associated with this particular party, its policies, and those who vote for them...

Everyone who is not a Tory Voters in this country is usually an Anti-Tory.

I am interested in Tories not winning any elections. They usually bring disasterous policies, and... Brexit..
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)

You say everyone is ignorant going into an election. I don't think this is true. But a large number of the electorate is indeed ignorant, naive or stupid. Especially if they working or even middle class and vote for Boris Johnson and his circus...
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am not a Corbynite at all...

I am just anti-tory due to the stupidity and idiocy that is usually associated with this particular party, its policies, and those who vote for them...

Everyone who is not a Tory Voters in this country is usually an Anti-Tory.

I am interested in Tories not winning any elections. They usually bring disasterous policies, and... Brexit..
True say to the very last point. I would disagree in the implication that they're the only bunch of incompetent nincompoops though.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The working classes who voted in their droves to make themselves poorer are stupid and naive, I won’t disagree with that.

I’m torn however, because take Brexit out of it and I’d vote Tory every time. I just don’t agree with Labours spend spend spend approach, or their fascination with bloating our welfare state. They are in my eyes, the party of the lazy man.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
True say to the very last point. I would disagree in the implication that they're the only bunch of incompetent nincompoops though.
The idea of Brexit is something that was always around for some hardline Tories. This idea together with lies, deception of the worst kind, populism, and nationalistic propaganda, was promoted in such a way that also captured a large number of very unhappy labour supporters. All voted against the National Interest and they will pay a very heavy price for years to come.

The rhetoric was that they need us more than we do, let's take back control, let's escape from the oppression of the EU, etc. They also suggested that the EU will break up... I think the opposite is about to happen given the serious implications Brexit will have for Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
The working classes who voted in their droves to make themselves poorer are stupid and naive, I won’t disagree with that.

I’m torn however, because take Brexit out of it and I’d vote Tory every time. I just don’t agree with Labours spend spend spend approach, or their fascination with bloating our welfare state. They are in my eyes, the party of the lazy man.
The issue with the Tories is that they almost never protect the rights and the interests of the working class or even the middle class.

The welfare system is for those who need it and not for fun and excitement. All Governments have to spend but it's better if you also spend money to make the lives of the poorest a little easier or give opportunities to those who have very little in life. Certainly the Tories don't have this high in their agenda..
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't see where the Irony is...
Don't you agree that if you are not wealthy and you vote for the Tories then you must be naive or stupid?
Yes we know you don’t see it 😂
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
(Original post by paul514)
Yes we know you don’t see it 😂
But don't you agree that you are not very rational when you are from a working class background and you vote for the Tories that never going to promote your interests and rights...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.53%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (125)
36.76%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (34)
10%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.29%

Watched Threads