The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

On what date do we move in?

I applied through adjustment so I've only just applied for accommodation and I don't have a reply or any information yet. My course starts on the 23rd. Does anyone know the date for when we have to move in? My manager has said that she'll keep giving me shifts until the 18th which seems a bit late so I'm panicking a bit lol
(edited 3 years ago)
It really depends on you and when you want to move in! I can only speak from my experience which is a bit different to yours (I'm going into my 3rd year). My course starts on the 28th but usually Leeds has an induction week the week prior, so the 21st for me. In past years I've generally moved in the weekend before induction week starts, however this year I'm moving in a few days earlier because of a friend's birthday. I know what it's like with work, I'm not finishing until the Monday before I move but honestly as long as you have everything packed and ready to go you'll be fine!

Honestly as much as I hate to say it I'd just sit and wait for the university to give you a bit more information, but start getting stuff you need and start slowly packing. With the whole coronavirus shebang and now the exam grade crap the government are pulling it might be a bit delayed in getiing info to you (I haven't heard much info either so you're not alone!)

When you hear about your accom it may be useful to join groups and group chats on Facebook for that accom and see if you can find your flatmates. What day they're moving in may give you an idea of when you'll move in!

Hope any of this has helped and please feel free to ask anymore questions!
(edited 3 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Yasuda
I applied through adjustment so I've only just applied for accommodation and I don't have a reply or any information yet. My course starts on the 23rd. Does anyone know the date for when we have to move in? My manager has said that she'll keep giving me shifts until the 18th which seems a bit late so I'm panicking a bit lol

It depends on when your accomodation contract starts, on the key dates section on the accomodation website it says that move in is from the 12th of September to 19th of September (12/08/20-19/08/20)
I think what the original poster is referring to is that this year because of covid they are staggering entries to accommodation and they only want you to arrive during your booked slot (which will fall sometime between 12th to 19th). Presumably they are going to ask each floor/flat to move in at the same time so I expect the reason no one has been notified of their booked slot yet is because of this A level debacle/delay they are still not 100% sure who has been allocated where yet so they cant yet notify the whole floor of the time slot they expect them. As they have stated they do expect arrivals to adhere to the allocated time slots only so as to maintain social distancing.
Original post by Yasuda

When you get your accomodation you have to book a time slot to move in.

Quick Reply

Latest