The Student Room Group

Is the pandemic affecting university courses?

So this is quite a paragraphed question because I really need help before I’m able to apply for a place in university. I have a feeling that this pandemic not only is affecting the economic world, but also career paths for students. I wanted to study the Tourism and Hospitality Management course next year for university, but it seems that the global disease has affected my motivation, self esteem in it and courage to study this course.
So I’ve looked for a different and relevant course (marketing course), but I’m struggling to choose which course I can take. Should I go on with my dream to study the tourism and hospitality management or I should find another course like marketing or Public relations?
Reply 1
Original post by Jemimah.J
So this is quite a paragraphed question because I really need help before I’m able to apply for a place in university. I have a feeling that this pandemic not only is affecting the economic world, but also career paths for students. I wanted to study the Tourism and Hospitality Management course next year for university, but it seems that the global disease has affected my motivation, self esteem in it and courage to study this course.
So I’ve looked for a different and relevant course (marketing course), but I’m struggling to choose which course I can take. Should I go on with my dream to study the tourism and hospitality management or I should find another course like marketing or Public relations?

I'd say tourism and hospitality management instead of marketing or public relations because they are both very different courses covering a variety of areas and I think that if tourism and hospitality management is really your dream course & you have a high interest in it then you should definitely study it despite our current situation with this pandemic. Don't let this pandemic decide your future course and yes I agree, it could have affects for career paths but this could change in the future
Reply 2
Thank you for your advice(:
Reply 3
Original post by Jemimah.J
Thank you for your advice(:

No problem! :smile:
Study the degree you want to do. I actually think that you will really benefit from studying it right now because it will be so interesting from a current/post pandemic viewpoint and how it has effected tourism and hospitality. You may even study how to minimise the effects of future pandemics on these sectors if it was to reoccur. This may give you an advantage when applying for jobs post university. Plus you’ll be doing a degree your interested in which will make your university experience a lot more enjoyable.
Reply 5
I didnt think of it that way haha. Thank you @Phoenixfeather99
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending