AQA A level Spanish Study and Revision help!!!

Watch
Ali-liyyah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hey guys. Hope you’re all good. I really need help with and advice on studying and acing A level Spanish. In our most recent assessments, it was the subject I scored lowest on (I got a C). I just don’t understand how to study and revise for it. I’m also doing English literature and psychology, which I personally find a lot easier to study for. With Spanish, I’m also struggling with the listening and reading parts of the course as well as essay writing (we’re studying Volver and La Casa de Bernada Alba). Can anyone help me with any of these issues I’m facing please? Thanks in advance x
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
The best way to revise is to practice. If you aimed to listen to 5 minutes of a Spanish podcast (native level or intermediate, depending on what you like!) Every day until exams, you'd really notice a difference because you'd train your ear better to picking out the words that you know from amongst all the unknown words! It's similar for reading - the more you read, the easier to find it, and fiction can really help with that! My first ever book in french I was exhausted after reading the first 3 pages, but then read the last 70 pages in once go because it had improved me so much! Other than that, do as much vocab as you can (most of the vocab they use in the exam will be in the textbook somewhere!) And try to write/speak fairly regularly too, even if it's just keeping a diary in Spanish and talking to your dog or the wall.
sara15543
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Agree with the person above practicing helps a lot. Try reading spanish news articles or watching spanish youtubers. For essay writing it's essential to make your grammar as good as possible that's what gets you high marks, and your grammar will improve with more exposure to the language.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
16%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (62)
31%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (24)
12%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (11)
5.5%
I think it's an unfair expectation (52)
26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.5%

Watched Threads