The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Retake Students

Will LSE allow retake students this year? Esp for their less competitive courses? It stated on their website that people taking exams in 2021 Summer will not be considered retakes and that they wont be disadvantaged but i cannot find it on their website anymore?
Reply 1
bump
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
If your centre assessed grades awarded in Summer 2020 do not meet our minimum requirements and you intend to sit the exams, you are expected to do so at the earliest available opportunity i.e. Autumn 2020.
Reply 4
Original post by LSE
If your centre assessed grades awarded in Summer 2020 do not meet our minimum requirements and you intend to sit the exams, you are expected to do so at the earliest available opportunity i.e. Autumn 2020.

what if you are reapplying for 2021 entry? Would you consider someone retaking exams in Summer 2021 as a retake student? Would they still have a chance of getting in
What if our grades from Summer 2020 do meet the minimum requirements but the student still wants to retake in Summer 2021 to improve the grade from for example, A to A*?
Original post by LSE

What if our grades from Summer 2020 do meet the minimum requirements but the student still wants to retake in Summer 2021 to improve the grade from for example, A to A*, because they’re doing another a-level first sitting in Summer 2021 anyway?
Reply 7
Original post by ellieman1
what if you are reapplying for 2021 entry? Would you consider someone retaking exams in Summer 2021 as a retake student? Would they still have a chance of getting in

If your calculated or CAG grades received in Summer 2020 are below the minimum requirements and you decide to sit the exam, you are expected to do so at the earliest opportunity - Autumn 2020. Students taking the exams after this date, i.e. Summer 2021, will be less competitively considered, unless there are extenuating circumstances preventing you from sitting the exams this Autumn.
Reply 8
Original post by diakurosawaaa
What if our grades from Summer 2020 do meet the minimum requirements but the student still wants to retake in Summer 2021 to improve the grade from for example, A to A*, because they’re doing another a-level first sitting in Summer 2021 anyway?

Applicants 're-sitting' the exams they were due to take in the summer 2020 series are expected to do so in Autumn 2020. LSE will provide more updates on our website once we have received further clarification around Centre Assessment Grades and the processes for prospective applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest