The Student Room Group

Should I Continue with EPQ?

Hi,

I'm struggling to decide whether I should continue with my EPQ.

My main reason is that I have no motivation to do it anymore, like it seems like a chore to have to try and work on. This is partly because the teacher that runs EPQ at my school has given me no help or has answered my questions. Meaning that I am struggling to continue it. To worsen this they want the first draft done by when we go back and I am stuck on my 1st paragraph.

Also, as we have had to work from home, I would prefer to put my time towards revising for my A-Levels next year, so I get good A-Level mock grades (in case something did happen) rather than get too stressed revising and doing epq and then suffer in my mocks or the real thing.

But my EPQ makes up a lot of my personal statement and I would have nothing to put in place of it. It is also on a topic that I am interested in and is relevant to the degree course that I want to do and also a future career I want.

But its mainly due to the lack of help and support I am getting which is not making me want to do my EPQ as how can they expect us to be able to do it without giving us any help by answering our questions.
I understand that you have a lack of help, but I wouldn't give up just yet. The EPQ can look very good on university applications because it is an individual task that is not structured by teachers. Is your topic something that interests you or something that has a lot of research? If you have decided that the topic isn't something that you particularly want to do now, you can still change it! As long as you record the change of topic in your progress log and explain why you did so, it doesn't matter. If you email the teacher asking specific questions about the issues you're having, they should reply answering your questions. If not, maybe email someone above this teacher to see if they'll give the teacher a bit of a nudge to start helping you a little more. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending