Government U-turn: What does it mean for BTEC students?

Watch
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

Government Results U-turn - BTEC Results

LATEST UPDATE (19th AUGUST):

All BTECs will follow the grading principles being used for A-level and GCSE - more information here

18th August update:

Ofqual's latest statement (which you can read here) announced that:

A-levels and GCSEs in England will be awarded based on the "centre assessment grades" from teachers.

Further updates have been provided by Pearson on how this impacts BTEC students. In summary:

• BTECs were not subject to the same statistical moderation process as A levels and many students had banked graded units for work completed prior to March 2020. This evidence was used to calculate the external grade. The original statistical model for BTECs is to remain.
  • Adjusted grades will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis with centres and students can still appeal their final grade.

Read the full Pearson update here

Also see our Official Thread: Government U-turn - grades awarded based on 'Center Assessed Grades'

We will keep an eye on future statements and update this thread with information.

For information on how this change is impacting university admissions, please see here.

If you have any questions about how this will affect your situation, please let us know below.
Last edited by brainzistheword; 1 month ago
brainzistheword
Rep:
?

All BTECs will follow the grading principles being used for A-level and GCSE - more information here
user454346y543r
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This deserves more recognition
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)

Government Results U-turn - BTEC Results

18th August update:

Ofqual's latest statement (which you can read here) announced that:

A-levels and GCSEs in England will be awarded based on the "centre assessment grades" from teachers.

Further updates have been provided by Pearson on how this impacts BTEC students. In summary:

• BTECs were not subject to the same statistical moderation process as A levels and many students had banked graded units for work completed prior to March 2020. This evidence was used to calculate the external grade. The original statistical model for BTECs is to remain.
  • Adjusted grades will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis with centres and students can still appeal their final grade.

Read the full Pearson update here

Also see our Official Thread: Government U-turn - grades awarded based on 'Center Assessed Grades'

We will keep an eye on future statements and update this thread with information.

For information on how this change is impacting university admissions, please see here.

If you have any questions about how this will affect your situation, please let us know below.
Maybe you should tag everyone from the BTEC results forum so that this thread gets more attention?
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
(Original post by 1st superstar)
Maybe you should tag everyone from the BTEC results forum so that this thread gets more attention?
Thanks, but the thread containing the latest update (which this now links to) has got everyone from the BTEC forum already tagged
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Thanks, but the thread containing the latest update (which this now links to) has got everyone from the BTEC forum already tagged
Ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (179)
28.59%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.61%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.27%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.31%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
7.99%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.13%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.91%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.19%

Watched Threads