adept1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
This morning I got my Lancaster accomm. offer back and I've been put in single sex accommodation (assuming because I chose to share a bathroom?). Does anyone have experience with single sex? How did you find it? I'm male for context.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by adept1)
This morning I got my Lancaster accomm. offer back and I've been put in single sex accommodation (assuming because I chose to share a bathroom?). Does anyone have experience with single sex? How did you find it? I'm male for context.
Hi @adept1,

As accommodation is allocated randomly, it's likely that you were put in single sex accommodation to try and match your preferences of room type and college. May I ask which college/room type you've been placed in?

As bathrooms are non-binary in standard accommodation and in townhouses, shared with another person of the same sex, your allocation to single sex accommodation is because it is random rather than the bathrooms.

Although I lived in mixed sex accommodation in my first year, it doesn't really matter who is in your flat. It may be just your flat, or your floor, that is single sex, but there will be plenty of opportunities to mingle with others in your house and across campus. A friend of mine lived with just girls in her flat this last year, and said that it didn't really affect her friendships both in and out of the house.

If it is something that you think would be a problem, you could always contact your college and accommodation team for advice. However, do remember that they are incredibly busy at the moment, trying to allocate, after the government announcement.

Maria
1st year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (0)
0%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (0)
0%
No I am happy with my choice (0)
0%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads