tofskisum
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
hi, so I'm really confused about my EPQ grade. They were released with the A Level grades last week, and had been created with the same algorithm process.

The Announcement from 'Roger Taylor, Chair, Ofqual' has the sub-heading 'How grades for GCSE, AS, A level, Extended Project Qualification and Advanced Extension Award in maths will be awarded this summer.' which suggests that EPQs and AEAs are being talked about in this statement.

The statement says 'After reflection, we have decided that the best way to do this is to award grades on the basis of what teachers submitted. The switch to centre assessment grades will apply to both AS and A levels and to the GCSE results which students will receive later this week.' However, neither EPQs nor AEAs are mentioned in this statement, and I cannot find any information online anywhere else. It seems horrendous to think that they would be sticking with the algorithm seeing as the more widespread qualifications are not, but from all I can tell it seems as if nothing has changed for EPQs.

If anyone knows what is happening for EPQs (e.g. if anyone has had a grade change or had communication from schools/colleges about EPQ grades) it would be really good to know.

thanks
Tomsmom
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
As far as I understand the EPQ grade was not affected by the algorithm. It was already submitted and assessed before the requirement for CAGs.
tofskisum
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Tomsmom)
As far as I understand the EPQ grade was not affected by the algorithm. It was already submitted and assessed before the requirement for CAGs.
mine certainly was originally affected by the algorithm.

However, I have actually just got the CAG through, which is great, so I'm hoping some of my friends grades will have changed upwards where they deserved it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads