ravenn21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't know if I should do a level or IB.
For my a-levels, I picked: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology
I don't remember what I picked for IB but I know I have to take maths and English and a language.
Also is there a way to take medicine without chemistry as it's not my best science.
Advertisement
Celina Davis
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Where are you planning to study? UK definitely recognize A Levels more than other countries like America, if you’re not sure though IB is definitely more widely recognized. For IB you should have 6 subjects though so it depends on whether or not you’re willing to do those subjects. If you want to do medicine and chemistry is not your strong suit than perhaps IB is better because it goes into less depth than A Level does, but as a general rule of thumb, IB is more challenging than A Level. IB is said to prepare students for university better than A Level or any other system for that matter. Doing IB does actually give you an advantage in the university application process because the IB acceptance rate is a lot higher than the average acceptance rate, sometimes even doubling or tripling the acceptance rate. If you want to focus on just a few subjects than A Level is probably better, but if you want a broader study than perhaps IB.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (0)
0%
No (3)
100%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed