The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Accommodation

I've received my accommodation offer and it's not my 1st or 2nd choice, or even my room type which I put down as what was most important. What are the chances I will have this changed? TIA
Im worried I haven't had anything yet when so many others seem to have had their accommodation offer and Lancaster was my firm, portal not even showing an offer. :s-smilie:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Idk what university you're at but probably not likely because if they could have allocated you the room you wanted they would have. Call them up and check just in case though.

My university wouldn't give me self catered even though this was my only preference, which is frustrating and unfair, so I'm no longer staying in halls.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Hopskipjump
Im worried I haven't had anything yet when so many others seem to have had their accommodation offer and Lancaster was my firm, portal not even showing an offer. :s-smilie:

I wouldn't worry, they have said it can take up to the end of the month for them to send all the offers out!
Original post by Anonymous
I've received my accommodation offer and it's not my 1st or 2nd choice, or even my room type which I put down as what was most important. What are the chances I will have this changed? TIA

Hi @Anonymous
I've contact Accommodation about this for you.
They said: "Although we try our very best to match preferences, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee them so sometimes students, unfortunately, don’t get their preferred choices. We advise them to contact their accommodation managers should they have any queries with regards to the offers they’ve been sent. It’s highly unlikely we’ll be able to change them and advise students that they do not decline the offer as we won’t be able to offer something else."
I'm really sorry you didn't get what you wanted. It could be there is some room for movement once term starts perhaps if you speak to your accommodation manager. I'm sure whichever college you are in, though, it will soon feel like home.
Thanks
Louise
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
New question, can both parents accompany me to help with move in? A friend mentioned only 1 person can come. Thanks!
New question, can both parents accompany me to help with move in? A friend mentioned only 1 person can come. Thanks!

Hey! From what I have seen only one parent can help you move in to your accommodation, however both can be in campus. Only one will be able to actually go into your accommodation though and you can't switch out which it is at different times
Reply 7
Original post by lauradaniellex
Hey! From what I have seen only one parent can help you move in to your accommodation, however both can be in campus. Only one will be able to actually go into your accommodation though and you can't switch out which it is at different times

so we can't switch the parents out? ughhh
Reply 8
Also, has anyone received an induction email? It's where you book your time slot to arrive.
Also, has anyone received an induction email? It's where you book your time slot to arrive.

No, they're sent out by a central system apparently and so will be sent out in the next couple of days!
Original post by lauradaniellex
No, they're sent out by a central system apparently and so will be sent out in the next couple of days!

thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending