Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've received my accommodation offer and it's not my 1st or 2nd choice, or even my room type which I put down as what was most important. What are the chances I will have this changed? TIA
Hopskipjump
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im worried I haven't had anything yet when so many others seem to have had their accommodation offer and Lancaster was my firm, portal not even showing an offer.
Issakatie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Idk what university you're at but probably not likely because if they could have allocated you the room you wanted they would have. Call them up and check just in case though.

My university wouldn't give me self catered even though this was my only preference, which is frustrating and unfair, so I'm no longer staying in halls.
Last edited by Issakatie; 4 weeks ago
lauradaniellex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hopskipjump)
Im worried I haven't had anything yet when so many others seem to have had their accommodation offer and Lancaster was my firm, portal not even showing an offer.
I wouldn't worry, they have said it can take up to the end of the month for them to send all the offers out!
Lancaster University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've received my accommodation offer and it's not my 1st or 2nd choice, or even my room type which I put down as what was most important. What are the chances I will have this changed? TIA
Hi Anonymous
I've contact Accommodation about this for you.
They said: "Although we try our very best to match preferences, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee them so sometimes students, unfortunately, don’t get their preferred choices. We advise them to contact their accommodation managers should they have any queries with regards to the offers they’ve been sent. It’s highly unlikely we’ll be able to change them and advise students that they do not decline the offer as we won’t be able to offer something else."
I'm really sorry you didn't get what you wanted. It could be there is some room for movement once term starts perhaps if you speak to your accommodation manager. I'm sure whichever college you are in, though, it will soon feel like home.
Thanks
Louise
Last edited by Lancaster University; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
New question, can both parents accompany me to help with move in? A friend mentioned only 1 person can come. Thanks!
lauradaniellex
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
New question, can both parents accompany me to help with move in? A friend mentioned only 1 person can come. Thanks!
Hey! From what I have seen only one parent can help you move in to your accommodation, however both can be in campus. Only one will be able to actually go into your accommodation though and you can't switch out which it is at different times
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by lauradaniellex)
Hey! From what I have seen only one parent can help you move in to your accommodation, however both can be in campus. Only one will be able to actually go into your accommodation though and you can't switch out which it is at different times
so we can't switch the parents out? ughhh
Anonymous #1
Also, has anyone received an induction email? It's where you book your time slot to arrive.
lauradaniellex
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Also, has anyone received an induction email? It's where you book your time slot to arrive.
No, they're sent out by a central system apparently and so will be sent out in the next couple of days!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lauradaniellex)
No, they're sent out by a central system apparently and so will be sent out in the next couple of days!
thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.53%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (125)
36.76%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (34)
10%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.29%

Watched Threads