Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
will freshers be postponed? obviously we will have a virtual welcome week but will the club events happen at a later date
CameronWS
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
will freshers be postponed? obviously we will have a virtual welcome week but will the club events happen at a later date
Really depends on how the current pandemic situation goes, if we enter a second lockdown then freshers will indefinitely be postponed. It also depends on how your university evaluates the risk. I hope it goes forward, and I can see it going forward just maybe not some events.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CameronWS)
Really depends on how the current pandemic situation goes, if we enter a second lockdown then freshers will indefinitely be postponed. It also depends on how your university evaluates the risk. I hope it goes forward, and I can see it going forward just maybe not some events.
thank you! i guess i have just felt confused because no one knows when clubs are going to reopen so i don’t know if i should buy freshers tickets or not. i don’t want them to suddenly say that it’s completely cancelled and won’t happen this year
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The club promoters will try to convince you that will happen. They’ll call postponed events freshers events. They’ll just be the same as any other club night.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PQ)
The club promoters will try to convince you that will happen. They’ll call postponed events freshers events. They’ll just be the same as any other club night.
i am guessing that the club nights will occur at a later date and not all at the same time? probably might be healthier tbh than just spending one whole week going out every night
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i am guessing that the club nights will occur at a later date and not all at the same time? probably might be healthier tbh than just spending one whole week going out every night
The club nights are almost all unofficial rip offs tbh.

freshers balls/festivals run by student unions are the events that tend to sell out and SUs aren’t selling tickets to possible postponed events - they’re waiting until lockdown is lifted completely before even starting to plan that sort of event
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (67)
17.77%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.65%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.67%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.73%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.18%

Watched Threads