?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Just curious lol
Toastedshoes12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think they are too prestigious for this forum xd, bearing in mind the last two prime ministers have attended that college.
dhruvit_p
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Toastedshoes12)
I think they are too prestigious for this forum xd, bearing in mind the last two prime ministers have attended that college.
Everyone stereotypes them as such, however they aren't bad people. I started a thread and was fortunate enough to get some advice from a student that attends Eton. I can't specifically remember his name, however, if you search for my thread "Private Sixth Form Scholarship", he should be there, nearer to the end.
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by dhruvit_p)
Everyone stereotypes them as such, however they aren't bad people. I started a thread and was fortunate enough to get some advice from a student that attends Eton. I can't specifically remember his name, however, if you search for my thread "Private Sixth Form Scholarship", he should be there, nearer to the end.
Yh just looked at it
Ppl there are defo quite nice acc, though the stereotype

Ik a guy who went there and he defo was a very nice guy
dhruvit_p
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
Yh just looked at it
Ppl there are defo quite nice acc, though the stereotype

Ik a guy who went there and he defo was a very nice guy
What school do you go to mate?
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
What school do you go to mate?
Not gonna say lol but defo not Eton aha plus I'm a girl so I couldn't go if I wanted to😔
Hbu? If u don't mind....
symphonia
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know a boy who got a scholarship there. One of the most well-spoken, polite, intelligent, athletic and... dare I say handsome... boys I've ever met. I'm sure there are some awful snobs there, but he is really lovely.
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
I'm currently in high school and go to a terrible school called up north, however, I have applied to Eton and St. Paul's, so lets hope for the best.
good luck
how old r u?
ive heard u hv to apply to eton when ur a baby or something lol cuz that's how much it is in demand :/
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
(Original post by symphonia)
I know a boy who got a scholarship there. One of the most well-spoken, polite, intelligent, athletic and... dare I say handsome... boys I've ever met. I'm sure there are some awful snobs there, but he is really lovely.
yeah
dhruvit_p
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
good luck
how old r u?
ive heard u hv to apply to eton when ur a baby or something lol cuz that's how much it is in demand :/
Im 15, 16 in a month. You do need to apply before 7 I think, however, they are for students that are joining in the high school and primary school. For joining the college, the application deadline is tomorrow and for St. Paul's was just the Monday that has gone this week.

I was also thinking of applying to Harrow school, however, I felt the snobbery and classism is quite significant there. I mean don't get me wrong, it's a great school and not everyone that goes there is like that, however, quite a few are.
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
Im 15, 16 in a month. You do need to apply before 7 I think, however, they are for students that are joining in the high school and primary school. For joining the college, the application deadline is tomorrow and for St. Paul's was just the Monday that has gone this week.

I was also thinking of applying to Harrow school, however, I felt the snobbery and classism is quite significant there. I mean don't get me wrong, it's a great school and not everyone that goes there is like that, however, quite a few are.
ah ok nice
i hv never heard of harrow or st pauls lol so i cant giev any advice on that :/
best of luck though!! ill be so excited for you if u get in lmao it seems like hogwarts aha
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just curious lol
Napp might have gone there judging from his complex vocabulary and his support for past British imperialism.
dhruvit_p
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by symphonia)
They are quite nice. I think these "snobs" are going to be found at all private schools regardless of what they are however, I have found from the research I have done that Eton is a lot less snobbish than the likes of Harrow. In my opinion, I think Eton is better as it is compared to Harrow, even if you ignore the snobbery. Even if you just look at them both in terms of Alumni: Harrow has produced some world class people such as Prime minister Winston Churchill and the first Prime minister of India - Jawaharlal Nehru. They are also known for alumni such as Benedict Cumberbatch etc. However, Eton has produced 20 prime ministers, including Boris Johnson and David Cameron. But also alumni such as Eddie Redmayne, Bear Grylls etc. I think they're both good in their own regards, however, if I had to choose, I would choose Eton above others
dhruvit_p
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
Napp might have gone there judging from his complex vocabulary and his support for past British imperialism.
Who's Napp ? I support British Imperialism to an extent, despite being Indian. I like to think I have quite good vocabulary, however, I have attended a state school Ofsted rated as "requires improvement"
dhruvit_p
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ah ok nice
i hv never heard of harrow or st pauls lol so i cant giev any advice on that :/
best of luck though!! ill be so excited for you if u get in lmao it seems like hogwarts aha
Ahaha, it does seem quite grand and different, however, it's always worth a try. It's a massive change outside my comfort zone which is what they are looking for so lets hope for the best.

Have you not thought about applying to any of these public schools. As you are a young lady, have you not considered schools such as Cheltenham or Wycombe Abbey. In fact Wycombe Abbey had some of the best A level results, prior corona, in 2019.
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
Ahaha, it does seem quite grand and different, however, it's always worth a try. It's a massive change outside my comfort zone which is what they are looking for so lets hope for the best.

Have you not thought about applying to any of these public schools. As you are a young lady, have you not considered schools such as Cheltenham or Wycombe Abbey. In fact Wycombe Abbey had some of the best A level results, prior corona, in 2019.
never thought of applying...guess its too late as I've just started yr 12 now so... :/ guess my dream will remain just a dream lol
its ok though i go to a great grammar school so in terms of results I'm in a good position

edit: i just looked at their a level results and compared it to my school there's acc a massiveeee difference. only 47% in our school gets A-A*s at a level :/
Last edited by vix.xvi; 1 month ago
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm currently in high school and go to a terrible school up north, however, I have applied to Eton and St. Paul's, so lets hope for the best.
The data doesn't say it's 'terrible' - some performance measures are good and the Sixth form is rated 'good'. You can't compare raw results between a highly selective school and a comp. Your current school has a high number of disadvantage students {DfE data}
Last edited by Muttley79; 4 weeks ago
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

You don't have to go to a Private school to get great A level results. Remember state school can't manipulate their data in the same way that Private schools can ...
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just curious lol
Yes I know a few and also a few teachers there.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
never thought of applying...guess its too late as I've just started yr 12 now so... :/ guess my dream will remain just a dream lol
its ok though i go to a great grammar school so in terms of results I'm in a good position

edit: i just looked at their a level results and compared it to my school there's acc a massiveeee difference. only 47% in our school gets A-A*s at a level :/
You can't compare raw results - Eton is highly selective - far more than a GS. What's the progress data like?

What proportion of disadvantaged students do they have?
Last edited by Muttley79; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.31%
I'm not sure (59)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (371)
29.33%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.92%
I'm not a current university student (617)
48.77%

Watched Threads